Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

oh and since the lot is close to full, it's now $100 for parking plus a $50 service fee...

But all you did is print out a ticket!

Exactly..... And btw, the off duty cop security guard will search your vehicle before you can enter the parking out... He thinks he's on duty 24/7, and he will manhandle you if you object....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wilcal said:

Hopefully they don't let them set up the pricing model for parking in the garage.

$1 parking + $.21 facility fee + $.39 environmental tax + .....

Only $1 for the first 10 customers that reserve their spot 15 days in advance. A resale fee of $5 + 10% will be charged on the Ticker Master website. The on site price will be dynamically set by an algorithm that scans the make and model of the car with an additional $11 service charge for sedans and SUVs. Once the parking lot reaches 50% occupancy the remaining spots will be set aside for $899 VIP packages that include a bottle of fuel additive and additional purchasable upgrades.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, wilcal said:

Hopefully they don't let them set up the pricing model for parking in the garage.

$1 parking + $.21 facility fee + $.39 environmental tax + .....

OMG the best haha!!!

My best friend sings for a rock band and yep, he has even lowered the price for shows because of all this extra nonsense...i mean i understand them needing to make money but dang! 

• Like 2

i've parked in the basement to go to southside a couple of times, and they're the smallest parking spaces i've ever come across in houston.  if a f250/350/etc. ever accidentally goes down there, I do not think they'll be able to park or leave.  

My forester barely fit in the spots, it looks like whoever designed the piers didn't bother to think through if 2 parking spots could even fit between them. it's rough. 

7 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Probably not. When I venture into other parts of town I often do double takes from just a few months ago. 

Might be right. Montrose has lagged behind the others for awhile now. If we don't self-implode ourselves economically I expect this hood to really explode in the next 5-10 years.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Probably not. When I venture into other parts of town I often do double takes from just a few months ago. 

It's like going to a new city but you already know all the streets.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 5

On 6/25/2021 at 2:07 PM, Luminare said:

Might be right. Montrose has lagged behind the others for awhile now. If we don't self-implode ourselves economically I expect this hood to really explode in the next 5-10 years.

For someone who was raised in the no-man's land of between 610 and Beltway 8 on the south side, Montrose was already full of amazingness and great development. I guess yeah, compared to upper kirby and uptown/galleria area it hasn't gotten that level of development but to alot of Houstonians like myself its still pretty damn great. This development alone and the new park on Westheimer are blowing my friends' minds who hadn't been drinking in Montrose in a year and a half and went in the last two-three weeks. 

This development, skanska's, and disco kroger's re-developments will elevate Montrose to rare air in htown. I'm happy Montrose is getting some development love but its a great place already (and arguably the best in town for the combo of living, eating, drinking, the arts, and chilling/exercising in some green spaces). Edit: glad to see Lum is posting more consistently!

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 7

On 6/28/2021 at 10:07 AM, gene said:

dang that library is coming up FAST! 

great photos!!!

Just a sidenote, the library is only the first 2 floors. Additionally, Radom Capital is not building out the library--only the shell space. The City of Houston will be required to build out the interior of the library post-completion of the core and shell/

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

That glass on the main building is just stunningly beautiful. Wow.

It really is. I absolutely love the color of the windows with the color and texture of the walls."

Is there a name for this kind of architecture? I want to say modern/contemporary, but this looks . . . too good to be called that imho 😁

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HouTXRanger said:

It really is. I absolutely love the color of the windows with the color and texture of the walls."

Is there a name for this kind of architecture? I want to say modern/contemporary, but this looks . . . too good to be called that imho 😁

It's a modern industrial 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, architeckton said:

Just a sidenote, the library is only the first 2 floors. Additionally, Radom Capital is not building out the library--only the shell space. The City of Houston will be required to build out the interior of the library post-completion of the core and shell/

I think the library is the top 2 floors.  Restaurant/retail space on the first floor.

https://8e87c62f-5dfb-40b9-a567-3b15184f7b32.filesusr.com/ugd/8bb064_942fedd587d24cf6b5713e385ad1bd87.pdf

• Like 4

On 7/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, Houston19514 said:

I think the library is the top 2 floors.  Restaurant/retail space on the first floor.

https://8e87c62f-5dfb-40b9-a567-3b15184f7b32.filesusr.com/ugd/8bb064_942fedd587d24cf6b5713e385ad1bd87.pdf

My bad, I meant top two floors 

On 7/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, HouTXRanger said:

The glass is SunGuard SNX series if you want it for yourself!