Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

Based on the pictures that have been posted here, the construction schedule of being finished by June 2021 seems tight. The building isn’t even dried in yet... Has anyone driven by lately and seen progress on the Crocker stairwell? Any doors going in?

if this is mostly core and shell office space, they should have no problem being done by June.  FYI the GC on this job is Harvey - they are on a ton of large jobs here in down and can bring in plenty of horsepower if they have to get this over the finish line.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cityliving said:

Stairway before it was covered, new window frames are going up and the exterior of building has gone from Yellow to Green to Blue, not sure what color comes next after Blue? 😀

If memory serves, indigo, then violet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, trymahjong said:

There is a 

3,499 SQ FT RESTAURANT EXPANSION/REMODEL 1-2-2-A2-B '12 IBC SPK/F

that requested a building permit at 907 Westheimer

is it in new construction or is Aladdin or Rosemont expanding

The thought that there is a sliver of a chance Aladdin is going away makes me pretty sad :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, trymahjong said:

There is a 

907 Westheimer is on the south side of the street.  Probably the new FM Kitchen?

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 10:41 AM, trymahjong said:

There is a 

South side of the street. There should be a new permit being pulled for 920 Westheimer which is a remodel of the Hue/Rosemont facade. And if it hasn't started already there should be information on 1001 California which is the new Library building. I don't have access to the computer at the moment so I can't look them up.

• Like 6

From Culturemap:

Van Leeuwen Ice Cream will open a location in the Montrose Collective, a new mixed-use development currently under construction near the intersection of Montrose and Westheimer. The scoop shop will join a previously announced location that will open in Rice Village this spring. 

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/01-22-21-food-news-roundup-the-nash-downtown-bistro-555-closing-van-leeuwen-montrose-collective-rewards-network-lucilles/#slide=0

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail Coming To 888 Westheimer
1 hour ago, gene said:

i'm kinda torn on that parking garage design...and can't decide if its the design/pattern of the lattice work or if it is the colors...

i guess it is better than nothing but still..................

I'm trying to take a wait-and-see attitude, but at this time it looks like an incorrectly assembled jigsaw puzzle.

• Haha 1