Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

1 hour ago, trymahjong said:

Oh my, to whom should I praise the new Metro stop?

talk about a fabulous upgrade……….wow

1BD6D044-3B4F-4C8F-ABF5-694BAAE30C15.jpeg

I saw the guy putting up the tiles on Saturday morning.  I didn't realize it was a bus stop.  I thought it was just to section off outdoor seating for a restaurant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Now, if the buses could actually use the street without being swallowed up by a pothole...

actually the roads have gotten so bad (and the lanes really are pretty thin, especially there near montrose heading west on westheimer) that most of the 82s tend to ride the middle of the road lower westheimer between Taft and Shepherd! yikes...i hate that but yep, that's what many of them do. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, trymahjong said:

Oh my, to whom should I praise the new Metro stop?

talk about a fabulous upgrade……….wow

1BD6D044-3B4F-4C8F-ABF5-694BAAE30C15.jpeg

Oh wow, that looks great. Metro recently ripped out a bunch of stops along canal/navigation. Hope we get something similar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gene said:

actually the roads have gotten so bad (and the lanes really are pretty thin, especially there near montrose heading west on westheimer) that most of the 82s tend to ride the middle of the road lower westheimer between Taft and Shepherd! yikes...i hate that but yep, that's what many of them do. 

Lol...I do that too on that stretch when there's no traffic boxing me in.

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:44 PM, Amlaham said:

Although this is probably successful, I guarantee it would be way more successful if the city would rebuild that damn street already. I drove to Soto last week and legit wouldn't take any out of towners there because of how BAD the street is. It legit feels like a 3rd world country road. The buildings on lower westheimer are starting to look real nice, but the street condition just ruins the entire experience 🤬

I've lived in third world countries. That street isn't that bad.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:40 PM, gene said:

Sound like frozen Baltimore MTA transplants who don't know the potholes are bigger in ...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, RealEstate said:

The bus stop was completely elective and funded 100% by the project's developer in an effort to enhance the streetscape and aesthetics.  It was actually designed by the project's architect, Michael Hsu Office of Architecture in compliance with the latest Metro standards.

Was going to share exactly this. If every developer treated their projects like Radom our city would be in infinitely better shape. 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

Huh. Noticing some crossover with the MKT development (minus the latter's awesome trailfront space)

Radom Capital is involved in both those projects and many others. And both used the same architect. 

https://hsuoffice.com

https://www.radomcapital.com/projects

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

La La Kind opens this month at Montrose Collective.

Community Impact reported the news today:

"The second Houston location of the coffee shop La La Land Kind Cafe will open in the Montrose Collective on Aug. 20 at 888 Westheimer Road, Ste. 106."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/impacts/2022/08/16/second-houston-location-of-la-la-land-kind-cafe-coming-to-montrose-collective/

Photo of the Montrose location from the article

LXtDth6.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...