Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

23 hours ago, hindesky said:

Liquor permits for Delilah's and Ella or Etta, hard to see from a distance. Awnings over the sidewalks looks like either wood or Corten steel. Sidewalk brick.

oWAXD1I.jpg

qDhF2tI.jpg

Etta

On 6/16/2021 at 1:35 PM,  Houston19514said: 

Retail Leasing Flyer for Texas Tower

Chicago-based Italian restaurant Etta will take one of the spaces; likely Texas @ Travis

• Like 6

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hines to open The Square coworking space in future 47-story Houston tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/09/22/hines-to-open-the-square-texas-tower.html

Houston-based Hines will open a third location of its coworking product in Texas Tower when the 47-story office tower opens early next year.

The Square at Texas Tower will occupy 18,000 square feet on the downtown Houston building’s mezzanine level, overlooking the lobby. The Square will offer a range of flexible workspaces for tenants with the feel of a hospitality environment, the company said. Hines will oversee The Square at Texas Tower as part of its property management division.

u9yHosq.png

• Like 8

On 9/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, hindesky said:

Liquor permits for Delilah's and Ella or Etta, hard to see from a distance. Awnings over the sidewalks looks like either wood or Corten steel. Sidewalk brick.

oWAXD1I.jpg

Delilah's is the second Texas Tower restaurant from Chicago restaurant group What If Syndicate (Etta being the other as shared in a previous post in the thread).

No clue what the menu will center on at Delilah's yet. It's a new concept. Another is under construction in Chicago.

I'm sure both will have beautiful interiors.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Delilah's is the second Texas Tower restaurant from Chicago restaurant group What If Syndicate (Etta being the other as shared in a previous post in the thread).

No clue what the menu will center on at Delilah's yet. It's a new concept. Another is under construction in Chicago.

I'm sure both will have beautiful interiors.

It seems like they would have some trademark problems with the existing Delilah's in Chicago.  http://www.delilahschicago.com

• Like 2

Just now, kbates2 said:

But it's the same company right?  No trademark problems with yourself.

No, I don't see any indication that it's the same company.  The Delilah's I linked has been operating since 1993.  IntheKnow told us that the Delilah's being developed by What If Syndicate is a new concept currently under construction in Chicago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

It seems like they would have some trademark problems with the existing Delilah's in Chicago.  http://www.delilahschicago.com

When reading about Delilah's on What Now Chicago (a mix of Vox Media's Curbed and Eater), I thought the same.

But may since one is a bar and the other a restaurant, maybe not?

I'm not well-versed on trademark infringement, so I really don't know.

• Like 2

There seem to be Delilah's in Philadelphia, Las Vegas, West Hollywood and elsewhere.  You pick a person's name for a restaurant/bar, I think you pretty much give up on trademarking.  If you drop the "h" at the end, you've got places in Zumbro Falls, Minnesota and Columbia, Missouri too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nate99 said:

There seem to be Delilah's in Philadelphia, Las Vegas, West Hollywood and elsewhere.  You pick a person's name for a restaurant/bar, I think you pretty much give up on trademarking.  If you drop the "h" at the end, you've got places in Zumbro Falls, Minnesota and Columbia, Missouri too. 

For example, Delilah’s in Philly is a strip club that Ben Simmons may have visited after getting kicked out of Sixers practice yesterday. 

Delilah has great timing lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Nate99 said:

So, you think you could start a restaurant named, just to pick a person's name at random, ... Wendy's?  😉

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, Houston19514 said:

So, you think you could start a restaurant named, just to pick a person's name at random, ... Wendy's?  😉

Fair point, but you can get pretty close as long as it's not a Coming to America/McDowell's type situation and/or you set up shop in Barbados or Australia. 

Home (wendyssportsbar.com)

Wendi's Bar Apple Springs, TX 75926 - 55 Reviews and Photos - Restaurantji

Home - Wendy's Milk Bar (wendysmilkbar.com)

Online Menu of Wendy's Steakhouse & Tavern, Ephrata, WA (menupix.com)

Online Menu of Wendy's KraVuN KaJuN SeaFooD Restaurant, Clyde, Texas, 79510 - Zmenu

• Like 2