Texas Tower: Office Skyscraper At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rechlin said:

I am only downtown about 40% as often as before, and I usually don't venture over to this side of downtown, so today I got my first close-up view of this tower in a while.  Pictures can't do it justice; it really looks great in person.  Hines outdid themselves here.

IYbNTd7.jpg

I absolutely agree.  It's outstanding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was worried that you had been hit by a car and I was missing your updates. Glad you are alive!

When Hines announced these two towers I thought the office tower was fine if not a bit boring but that I'd love the residential. It's the exact opposite. This office tower is really a nice addition. I don't really like the residential one. Don't hate it but don't like it either.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Was worried that you had been hit by a car and I was missing your updates. Glad you are alive!

When Hines announced these two towers I thought the office tower was fine if not a bit boring but that I'd love the residential. It's the exact opposite. This office tower is really a nice addition. I don't really like the residential one. Don't hate it but don't like it either.

Wasn't hit by a car but you won't believe this but when I woke up one morning I had twisted my right knee while sleeping. I had initially somewhat messed up the cartilage when we used to go to Galveston and playing sand volley ball. Never really hurt but it would occasionally lock up when walking fast or pivoting on that leg.

I think I messed that cartilage much worse, been wearing a brace but I don't think I can ride again anytime soon. I took these driving around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

32 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Wasn't hit by a car but you won't believe this but when I woke up one morning I had twisted my right knee while sleeping. I had initially somewhat messed up the cartilage when we used to go to Galveston and playing sand volley ball. Never really hurt but it would occasionally lock up when walking fast or pivoting on that leg.

I think I messed that cartilage much worse, been wearing a brace but I don't think I can ride again anytime soon. I took these driving around.

great to have you back! forum was noticeably more dead without your updates 

• Like 6

On 12/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, hindesky said:

I so feel your pain.....hope you get better fast.....I missed riding my bike so much when I got hurt - I hope you're back on your bike in no time !!!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, hindesky said:

That's no fun. I had to have surgery to remove the torn parts of cartilage in my right knee. Walked out of the hospital with less pain than when I went in. Cartilage doesn't heal very fast, there's no real blood supply. I hope it gets better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've walked around the exterior of this building a couple of times in the last few days, and it looks like a nice place.  The landscaping looks really promising, and it's nice that there's lot of brick in the pathways instead of concrete. 

The central restaurant space is... interesting.  I almost wish there wouldn't be one there, and it could be lit up like an art installation.   But if a restaurant it brings people downtown, I'm for it.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:38 PM, htxbuildinggeek said:

My parents and I always said 609 Main was Houston’s version of London’s Shard building

I guess I've never seen it like this... to each their own. For me, 609 Main has always been a good building, but certainly nothing iconic or noteworthy. The closest this city gets to something iconic for me is 700 Louisiana.