Texas Tower: Office Skyscraper At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retail Leasing Flyer for Texas Tower

Chicago-based Italian restaurant Etta will take one of the spaces; likely Texas @ Travis

More good news:  The same company bringing Etta to Texas Tower has also leased the Pavilion space (the round part) for another concept.  https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/06/16/what-if-syndicate-etta-restaurant-texas-tower.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=ae&utm_content=ho&ana=e_ho_ae&j=24169560&senddate=2021-06-16

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 9

On 6/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, hindesky said:

TKBgGsx.jpg

Call me "boring" if you wish, but I really would prefer it if the top looked something like this instead.I don't like the diagonals. Maybe the top could be a bit more dramatic than what I've done here, but I didn't want to spend forever photoshopping this thing. 

TKBgGsx.jpg

Honestly, if Hines had just plopped one of these in that location, I would be ecstatic. wolf-point-south_rendering_exterior_even

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 6

Personally, I like the diagonal lines, and I think they make a more distinct silhouette for the skyline. It kind of reminds me of Frost Bank Tower in Austin without being too much like it. Especially once it lights up.

My only real complaint is that I wish it were taller.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

From the past week - near and far...

8wYSkZZ.jpg

yf6tzw5.jpg

As much as I am NOT thrilled by the diagonals, I REALLY like that they have transparent, as opposed to reflective, glass (Or maybe it's just because the area behind them is open to the sunlight).

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy