Harris County Office Buildings At 2221-2223 West Loop S.

MaxConcrete

I noticed that the parking lot across from Arabella is not being used, so I walked to the lot to investigate. It turns out this lot is for the Harris County offices at 2221-2223 West Loop South. The District Attorney is moving in due to Harvey damage at their normal location. (Other Harris County functions have already moved in, mostly filling the parking garage.)

The land across from Skyhouse now has an aggregate base and is being readied for paving.

I don't know how long the District Attorney will be here, I'm thinking 6-12 months. So there will be no development of the parking lot property as long as Harris County DA is here. There is no activity at the newly cleared lot on Westcreek across from the Wilshire (and directly east of Harris County), so new development on that property could begin at any time.

20170926-sign-close.jpg

sign_wide.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
10 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

Looks like two plots left. These five were developed in the last 7 or so years.

Too bad that little wedge with the strip center was just redone and something bigger didn't take its place.

If I have my bearing right, the building west of the Crimson is a City of Houston building. I have voted there. So that is not going anywhere.

It's a Harris County building.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Harris County Office Buildings At 2221-2223 West Loop S.

2 buildings and parking garage for sale! Fresh on Loopnet, dated 8/9/2023!

Sadly, at $23 million, this will probably sit for a while.  Hoping for the next Uptown/Westcreek high rise to be built here!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2221-2223-West-Loop-S-Houston-TX/29232168/

Two adjoining office buildings located at 2221 and 2223 West Loop South, owned by Harris County and fronting the West Loop Interstate 610 between Westheimer and San Felipe are available for purchase. Building 1 contains 113,514 ft.² and Building 2 contains 29,710 ft.² for a total of 143,224 ft.² of office space, all according to the appraisal district.

Property Type: Office
Building Size: 143,224 SF
Building Class: C
Year Built: 1974
Price: $23,500,000
Building Height: 7 Stories
Typical Floor Size
Building FAR: 1.54
Land Acres: 2.13 AC
Parking: 440 Spaces