Texas Tower: Office Skyscraper At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/1/2022 at 6:38 PM, htxbuildinggeek said:

It baffles me that Hines would build such a beautiful and striking skyscraper (609 Main) and then immediately cover it up with a more bland building (Texas Tower).

The lighting on 609 Main crown wasn't installed properly so instead of fixing it he built Texas Tower with superior crown lighting to cover it up.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, KirbyDriveKid said:

Always grateful for all of our photographers on here, but wanted to say these downtown shots were absolutely fantastic.  In love with the photo of the red line stop at sunset. Thanks for posting! 

Thank you! I appreciate the positive comment. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Here are two more in that series.

This first photo is a lot more manipulated than I really like, but the lighting was crap. Next time I'm doing this during the morning commute.

spacer.png

And this one... did not need quite as much manipulation.

spacer.png

This gotta be the least Houston photo. Public transit and dense development?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower For Block 58
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, Andrew Ewert said:

I can't wait until all of downtown looks this good 😭

Well, it's never going to be Dallas until they start putting bands of LED lights around all the office buildings. But I do like the Ukrainian Blue and Gold around the top of the Esperson building...

On 5/7/2022 at 10:15 PM, toxtethogrady said:

Well, it's never going to be Dallas until they start putting bands of LED lights around all the office buildings. But I do like the Ukrainian Blue and Gold around the top of the Esperson building...

Our downtown is much larger both in height and the number of buildings. Also, our downtown is just downtown, Dallas' downtown is a mesh of downtown and uptown. I guess the LED lights are a nice touch, but LED lights doesn't always mean a nicer skyline. Look at Vancouver, Toronto, Chicago, Miami's downtown, far superior skylines with no-to little LED ascent lighting. We're definitely in a different ball game. 

Edited by Amlaham
  • Like 4