Memorial Park At 6501 Memorial Dr.

16 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

that mound looks like it's about 10% of the dirt needs for this project

It definitely doesnt look like its enough for the whole thing, but I bet its more than 10%.  It looks like there are a fairly good amount of embankment dirt being built up on the site, just because the reconstruction of Memorial Dr even way beyond where the hills begin look like its several feet lower than the current roadway/original elevation.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

this project already had me excited but after reading about all the little animals being safer now that makes me extra happy haha! 🦝🐇🐿️🦔🦨🦄🐤🦢🦎🐍🐸🐌🐛🐞🐒🦗

(yes that little menagerie took hours to post if not minutes...you're welcome 🤪 )

On 12/12/2020 at 3:24 PM, zaphod said:

I wonder if the tunnel will have lighting inside of it

i would say most definitely...safety reasons for one!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

did they finally put in the middle portion of each tunnel? in my head they are leaving the middle for last to keep sufficient light in the tunnels while working before placing the middle portion...

as of sunday on my FIVE hour bike ride (  🤪 ) the middle portions were still missing to connect the tunnels (ps...yes i am sunburned)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gene said:

did they finally put in the middle portion of each tunnel? in my head they are leaving the middle for last to keep sufficient light in the tunnels while working before placing the middle portion...

as of sunday on my FIVE hour bike ride (  🤪 ) the middle portions were still missing to connect the tunnels (ps...yes i am sunburned)

Unsure what you mean. The middle portion will remain open to allow what I think is a small creek in between the two hills? That is indeed a question. Either way, all the renderings show it as being open.

When it comes to animals, glad they get this land bridge too. I see my armadillo buddy there late at night when I go running. Unsure if it's the same one but I always see him right next to the track near Memorial and am always worried he's going to go into the street. Joggers surprisingly walk right past him sometimes and don't even notice he is there. I still remember laughing so hard when a group of young women didn't notice him there and they all literally jumped in the air screaming right when he was next to their feet. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my head i was picturing it to be just one tunnel but yeah i just scrolled up to the top here to say oh yeah! it is a 2 part tunnel!!! doh! sorry for the confusion and thanks for clearing that up! Now we just need the flared opening on each end then i guess? 

and haha in the picnic loop there is a little baby armadillo that i catch playing near the side of the road periodically! i have never seen it's parents so maybe you can ask your buddy if they have a missing child!!!  🤪

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

From Reddit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNG39Nqp8kv/

The second picture really shows how huge this is going to be. Immediately will jump towards the top of "if you're in Houston, you must go see/do X" type lists. If the Eastern glades is any indication (its awesome), I have no doubt this is going to be spectacular. The views alone will make it worth it.

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 7