Kinder High School For The Performing And Visual Arts At 790 Austin St.

Subdude

Or just use them 1 time!  I think the repetitive use of those letters everywhere is what bugs me.  Still, that's a tough jumble of rooms and spaces to build and envelope around, and being an arts building if it isn't perfect it will forever be criticized.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the architects could have a chat with a visual arts student.

Indeed. 

I don't like it. Like so many comments before mine... no cohesion in that exterior design. That said, I think the interior  renderings are nice. The architect did have heavy demands, a lot going on there. I would like to experience the walk through some day. But that beige... why, on an Arts building? so wrong. 

I like the letters, though. They don't bother me, at all.

• 1 month later...

While looking at the 609 Main webcam this morning, I noticed that there are very few cars parked on the lot where the HSPVA is going to be built.  Is construction imminent?  Has anyone heard any details?

The entrances are blocked off with pink tape attached to two columns.

• Like 1

A bit related --

I went looking for a previous thread on the High School for Health Professions after seeing the following item in the HBJ. WHR, which seems to have done quite a few medical and educational projects (and just got acquired) is designing it:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/2014/10/new-health-care-high-school-to-rise-in-houstons.html

As is typical of HBJ, their pictures can't be displayed elsewhere... <_<

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/2014/10/new-health-care-high-school-to-rise-in-houstons.html?s=image_gallery