Kinder High School For The Performing And Visual Arts At 790 Austin St.

Subdude

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's a public high school and they don't have a lot of money but I don't know why they couldn't do something better than this ugly chain link fencing. Why not make it like the fence next to the HSPVA letters.

td5blsT.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

I know it's a public high schooling they don't have a lot of money but I don't know why they couldn't do something better than this ugly chain link fencing. Why not make it like the fence next to the HSPVA letters.

td5blsT.jpg

My guess is that it's not a budget issue - the rest of the school is very well done. I think the fence was not part of the original plans and installed after completion to prevent homeless from camping there (which they were doing prior to the fence being installed).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, downtownian said:

My guess is that it's not a budget issue - the rest of the school is very well done. I think the fence was not part of the original plans and installed after completion to prevent homeless from camping there (which they were doing prior to the fence being installed).

I talked to a guy from McCarthy half way into the build who said they were going to have to build a fence to keep the campers out, I don't think it was a last minute decision. But yeah it wasn't part of the original plan. When he said it I assumed it would surround the whole building.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to HSPVA's Downtown Campus at 1300 Capitol St.
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to HSPVA's Downtown Campus At 790 Austin St.
  • The title was changed to Kinder High School For The Performing And Visual Arts At 790 Austin St.