MD Anderson Gimbel Building At 1515 Holcombe Blvd.

The name is Gimbel Building. 

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/sites/default/files/opinion-files/opinion/1962/ww-1369.pdf

"An official opinion of your office is requested on the following factual situation in connection with the administration of the Estate of Mose A. Gimbel, deceased, wherein The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute has been designated as a beneficiary pursuant to paragraph 4 of the will which reads: "'It Is my will and I do hereby provide that my said Trustee shall hold and administer my estate for one year after the death of my said sister, or until the New Medical Center adjoining Hermann Hospital is developed, when my remaining estate shall be liquidated and my entire estate remaining estate shall be used for the erection of a building In said Medical Center, said building to be used for the purpose of advancing the cure of cancer; said building to be dedicated in memory of my beloved parents, Louis and Amelia Gimbel.'

"Mr. Gimbel of Houston, Harris County, Texas, executed his will on August 9, 1950, in conformity with law and later on October 7, 1954, executed a codicil. The will was admitted to probate in October, 1958, in the Probate Court of Harris County, Texas. The Executors, the Texas National Rank of Houston, who is also the Trustee under Honorable J. C. Dolley, page 2 (w-1369) said will, and Herbert S. Gimbel of Miami, Florida, have designated The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute as the institution to receive the remainder of the estate. Present plans call for a new building on the north end of the Clinical Services Wing which will have seven floors with approximately 4,200 square feet of space to each floor, giving a total additional area of approximately 29,400 square feet.

This building will be erected on a basement and ground floor which was provided in an earlier construction program. It will be erected as a separate building and operated as an Integral part of the M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, an Institution established for the purpose of research for advancing the cure of cancer. The building will be dedicated to the memory of the parents of Mose A. Gimbel, namely, Louis and Amelia Gimbel. There is attached to this request for your information a brochure containing the construction plan, the various departments to be housed in the building, together with a data sheet containing general information as to the organizational framework of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to MD Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute At 1515 Holcombe Blvd.
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Gimbel Building At 1515 Holcombe Blvd.