Central Square At 2100 Travis St.

WestGrayGuy

Haha. Me too.

I recall AP european history (way back in 2002). The defenestration of Prague... where they threw some A-holes out the window.

There were two of those.

Actually, by some counts three or four.  Two (or three) in the 15th and 17th centuries, and then Jan Masaryk in 1948 by the Russkies. 

Great picture! Two eyesores for the price of one. Did you intend to get the HoliDays in the picture? If so, well played! :D

Haven't been down here in awhile, but I can imagine the smell that blew out of there when it was opened up like that. I mean, that's probably the first fresh air to blow through Central in over 20 years. Whew! Wouldn't care to be down wind from there, lol.

Now that work is picking up on this, can we get this thread moved or mirrored back to Going Up? I doubt I'm the only one who had to dig to find it and it might be more accessible over there.

Now that work is picking up on this, can we get this thread moved or mirrored back to Going Up? I doubt I'm the only one who had to dig to find it and it might be more accessible over there.

We keep renovations in their perspective forums but if there's an actual new building going up, then we place it is Going Up! The only exception to this case is the Old Texaco Building since we believe another condo tower will go in on the site.

• Like 1

I saw this on the building this weekend too. I assume that they are stripping the itles from the facade? Any idea what will go on in their place?

Perhaps it will be synthetic stucco!  :blink: Then it can have a cornice and other moldings built up from Styrofoam [sarcasm as if you couldn't tell].

Honestly, my experience with tile (whether natural stone, terra cotta, or some other ceramic) on exterior vertical walls has convinced me that there is only one way to install it - the RIGHT WAY. This requires top notch accessories (usually stainless steel attachment hardware for example) and NO shortcuts. Actually stucco with some sensitivity to the location of expansion and control joints could compliment (and complement) the overall appearance of the building nicely. 

http://swamplot.com/a-midtown-building-you-probably-never-noticed-before-is-coming-apart-today/2014-08-05/

"THE VACANT 2-story building at 2107 Milam St. in Midtown, which long ago was home to a President Health Club — but is likely better remembered as ablank-faced, boarded-up building with a for-sale sign on its corner — is beingsmashed to bits this morning. A reader sends in this view of the scene at Milam and West Gray St. taken from the Metro HQ building at 1900 Main St. The 14,975-sq.-ft. soon-to-be empty lot is next door to Central Square Plaza (at left in the photo), which is currently undergoing renovations. County records show a company called Hobby Place LLC purchased the smaller property in April."

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1