Hey Chicks

14986644888_1e512b947e_o.jpgIMG_1262 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

stop Work, check out chicks

14986489559_e05a38bc2f_o.jpgIMG_1263 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

security

14986661088_57f2e80a9e_o.jpgIMG_1208 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

Edited by LarryDierker
  • Like 7

Between this and 800 Bell, I suppose the latest, greatest fad is to use the sunscreens for a little bit of extra square footage.  It's our current equivalent of the various methods of recladding that were used on buildings like 806 Main right about the time these were being built.  I hate losing the genuine Rat Pack vibe.

I've got to say, though, I like this remodel much better than what's proposed for 800 Bell, which IMHO is more of a remuddleing.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Between this and 800 Bell, I suppose the latest, greatest fad is to use the sunscreens for a little bit of extra square footage.  It's our current equivalent of the various methods of recladding that were used on buildings like 806 Main right about the time these were being built.  I hate losing the genuine Rat Pack vibe.

I've got to say, though, I like this remodel much better than what's proposed for 800 Bell, which IMHO is more of a remuddleing.  :ph34r:

Central Bank is a dump and unused - anything is better than what it is.  Anything!  800 Bell is a fine tower built with a 60s vibe and style.  No need to muddle with that, but its going to happen.  I guess its better than a tear down

Central Bank was recently an unused dump, sure.  However, there was a time when it was occupied and reasonably well maintained.  At that time and under those conditions, it was aesthetically pleasing, even if not fully in keeping with more recent design trends like glass on every possible wall.

Central Bank was recently an unused dump, sure.  However, there was a time when it was occupied and reasonably well maintained.  At that time and under those conditions, it was aesthetically pleasing, even if not fully in keeping with more recent design trends like glass on every possible wall.

Obviously this goes without saying for a lot of buildings similar to Central Bank, in countless cities nationwide.  Personally I have long felt it was an interesting building that was primed for a good re-use.  Unfortunately it has just been the subject of property neglect and very prominently located property neglect to boot.

Its still unused.  And still a dump (in its current condition) even if it is being worked on.