Central Square At 2100 Travis St.

WestGrayGuy

Let's not get too excited (or disappointed) by Swamplot.  The owners obviously are not ready to make an announcement "Nothing has been decided".  The full plan probably isn't final, but there is certainly something "happening". Money is being spent...people are being paid...changes are being made to the property every day.  These things don't happen unless someone has some intentions. The owners will make an announcement on their own time...not when some blog asks them about a Green Fence being set up.  

• Like 2

Why would they take out a city permit to close the sidewalk if it was just to keep out squatters/undesirables? Couldn’t they just board up the bldg as it was before?

Or maybe they can’t get the windows out without breaking them in some cases and the city required them to close the sidewalk to prevent pedestrians getting rained upon with glass shards. It would be consistent with the sidewalks that have been closed (the eastern and northern sidewalks below the curtain wall facades).

Check the twitter feed, this is an ongoing renovation. The old abandoned greek restaurant on the northwest parcel looks like it’s about to be demo’d too.

• Like 1

Umm... that sounds dumb by Swamplot... Its clear a fence has gone up for renovation... why would they worry about vagrants and taggers? We didn't do this for the Old County Courthouse during renovation and that's a way more historic building than this one... I think its clear the developers are heading in a redevelopment direction, just not clear whether its residential or commercial

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haha... I thought the samething when I drove by this last weekend. Unfortunately, that is from the original building and is only visible now because they tore down the trees blocking it. Facade wise, there hasn't been any progress.

• 1 month later...

tried to embed the tweet... didnt work.   Either way... here's an exchanged I had with their twitter account

@CentralSquareTX Are you guys still working on the project? I havent seen any progress for a few weeks

User Actions
 Following
d7qpLGyw_bigger.jpegCentralSquareMidtown@CentralSquareTX

@RJA_BoilerMaker Yes, we have been a bit swamped,but should be posting pics again. Should see some exciting changes in the upcoming weeks!

Edited by Purdueenginerd
  • Like 5

There's A LOT of activity going on there today. You can also hear a lot of "rumbling" going on inside... not sure what it is. They have the fences open at the garage, the front, and even on West Gray.

• Like 4

There's A LOT of activity going on there today. You can also hear a lot of "rumbling" going on inside... not sure what it is. They have the fences open at the garage, the front, and even on West Gray.

Sorry for the image quality! I noticed it when I was driving home and so I decided to come back around for another pic:

THEY ARE TAKING DOWN THE EXTERIOR BRICK NOW!  :D

14068470446_09289f368d_b.jpg

14091569165_d8f4de41ef_b.jpg

Edited by Triton
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

saw a lot of workers there this morning, hard to tell what theyre doing...

Dont see any staging of scaffolding materials, or methods to access the facade of the structure...

Next time you drive by, make sure your window is rolled down. All I ever hear now are jackhammers going off inside. There is clearly a lot of interior work they are doing right now.

• Like 1

IT BEGINS.

All the wood planks have been torn off on the south side:

14053405478_bb0b848dd3_h.jpg

14237802862_395bf14bb0_h.jpg

It's a little hard to tell in my picture but there are a lot more wood supports where the windows used to be located.

14053474527_968d9aeb98_h.jpg

• Like 4