10 hours ago, august948 said:

Wow...the new garage looks massive compared to the existing garage.  Is that just a camera illusion?  In the right bottom corner it looks like they've built a retaining wall.  Is that area going to be for water detention?

Yes, and yes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to University of Houston Campus Developments

Found quite a few plans from the UH board meetings. There's a lot of info so i'm just gonna post by campus, and pdf files. These plans are spanning from early 2019 to today. 

jub1AAp.png

Some interesting data on the Hilton expansion

GoVqS2f.png

New information on a UH auxiliary retail center, and UHD student wellness and success center

qep5mxm.png

ZJM5VaR.png

Looks like this might be close to the final design of the new law building.

4lYNFNI.png

Edited by TheSirDingle
  • Like 3

A lot of plans for the main campus, very interesting stuff coming up.

F48Pjzd.png

qfbJMxX.png

7lgjkke.png

Lots of new plans for the empty lots around UH, and OMG the tech annex is getting torn down!!!! 🥳

wfElGlG.png

Confirms that the soul sucking building by the fountain is gone, and they're creating an athletic centered plaza there. Also some interesting plans for Cullen, gonna be a bright future for this part of campus.  

SEclI16.png

t3RXP5J.png

Also a round up of all the projects that have happened in the past decade: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=44992972

Where I got this info from: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicHome.aspx?ak=1000888

Edited by TheSirDingle
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, cspwal said:

That's a decent hike from the metro rail station for the college of medicine - especially with no direct trail to connect it

I wonder why the large setback from the road

Not sure why they have the large setback, but it looks to be only about a 1/4 mile walk from the rail station.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, cspwal said:

That's a decent hike from the metro rail station for the college of medicine - especially with no direct trail to connect it

I wonder why the large setback from the road

I speculate this plot of land will be multiple buildings, all medicine related over the course of the next 20-30 years. 

• Like 5

It really would have been nice if they sited the first building at the corner of MLK and OST, directly across from a light rail station and brand new housing. 

This seems like the most suburban office park-style siting they could have chosen, and I don't understand the reasoning (or how it fits into the rest of how UH's campus is being planned) *at all.*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

I speculate this plot of land will be multiple buildings, all medicine related over the course of the next 20-30 years. 

Yes you are correct. This image below is from TheSirDingle above but it says the college of medicine will serve as the flagship of the Health District.

20200505_121511.jpg

Edited by Stew
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasota said:

It really would have been nice if they sited the first building at the corner of MLK and OST, directly across from a light rail station and brand new housing. 

This seems like the most suburban office park-style siting they could have chosen, and I don't understand the reasoning (or how it fits into the rest of how UH's campus is being planned) *at all.*

That was my point, but it makes sense if they are planning on expanding it, and having this be a central building for all future buildings

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasota said:

I don't know what their plans are but I assume they will build a university medical clinic at OST & MLK where students can get real world experience.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:31 AM, TheSirDingle said:

Lots of new plans for the empty lots around UH, and OMG the tech annex is getting torn down!!!! 🥳

wfElGlG.png

Confirms that the soul sucking building by the fountain is gone, and they're creating an athletic centered plaza there. Also some interesting plans for Cullen, gonna be a bright future for this part of campus. 

Which building is the soul sucking building by the fountain? The one in red that they’re renovating?

Itll be interesting to see what new buildings they put in the art/music school parking lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

Which building is the soul sucking building by the fountain? The one in red that they’re renovating?

Itll be interesting to see what new buildings they put in the art/music school parking lot.

This abomination called Farish Hall is being torn down. 

farish-hall.jpg.b40fb06fa78b74b9aec83203fbcb93e2.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, TheSirDingle said:

This abomination called Farish Hall is being torn down. 

farish-hall.jpg.b40fb06fa78b74b9aec83203fbcb93e2.jpg

Sad because it's yet another building full of memories gone. Glad because oh my god, was it awful to be in and worse to look at.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.uh.edu/facilities-planning-construction/fpc-projects/spotlight/new-law-center/

Law Center

Project Status:           Planning 

Project Budget:          $60,000,000

Project Delivery:        CMAR

Project Team

Project Manager:       TBD

Principal PM:             Trent Williams

Planning Rep:             Jennifer McPhail

Programming Firm:   Facility Programming & Consulting

Design Team:              TBD

Contractor/CM:         TBD

Description

The Law Center endeavors to build a new facility that is better suited to a modern, integrated curriculum.  The new building will support modern, interdisciplinary legal education with modern technology and a focus on encouraging collaboration. 

lawcenterphoto-1.jpg

newlawcenterphoto-2.jpg

lawcenterphoto-3.jpg

• Like 2