7 hours ago, samagon said:

It's what I've been told, and if you can do that, you should grab a coffee as well, it'll be tasty, I promise. 

If you can't do that feb 6, then when you can, get a coffee. 

😁

Get the flat white...one of the best in Houston.

• Like 1

New construction cam pics of the Memorial Hermann Football Operations Center at the University of Houston TDECU Stadium. 

They removed the video board and the second level bleachers.

Screenshot_20240111_102902.jpg

Screenshot_20240111_102833.jpg

Edited by Stew
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hindesky said:

5h4klPy.png

Hj2z8wg.png

MZQxZ7X.png

Q0tYiZS.png

The football ops building is going to be an interesting build to watch. It appears the support footing is already in place on the concourse from the dismantled bleachers.

Also, the roof of the existing structure looks to already have support column structure that was going to be used for expansion up to 60K.

It appears they may have saved a lot of money using the existing support system for part of the new building but we shall see how much of it they will use. 

• Like 3

On 1/27/2024 at 4:07 PM, Stew said:

Hmmm . . . I don't think the Hub is going to make that Feb 5 opening date. That's less than 2 weeks away.

it's hard to see on any of the photos except this one, but the top right, you can see a walkway, there's an entrance to the building, that is what will be the entry/exit, the portion that still has excavators, and work trucks, that is going to not be open until the complete building is open later this year.

image.png.551bf793591948fe6867a352a8bcf974.png

whether Feb5, or later next week, or even early the following week, we're closer than it looks from these photos.

3 hours ago, samagon said:

it's hard to see on any of the photos except this one, but the top right, you can see a walkway, there's an entrance to the building, that is what will be the entry/exit, the portion that still has excavators, and work trucks, that is going to not be open until the complete building is open later this year.

image.png.551bf793591948fe6867a352a8bcf974.png

whether Feb5, or later next week, or even early the following week, we're closer than it looks from these photos.

So now we know.

https://x.com/TheDailyCougar/status/1752108421497712905?s=20

https://thedailycougar.com/2024/01/29/new-dining-facility-delayed-name-changed/

Edited by Stew
  • Like 2

As a fellow Coog, this is absolutely insane to see. This looks nothing like what we had even 10 years ago. It's probably one of the most shared images I've gotten in a while around all the alumni groups/discord channels. 

It was is amazing to see just how far UofH has come. 

• Like 8

On 2/23/2024 at 12:20 PM, hindesky said:

Hot Chicken restaurant. 

https://hangryjoes.com

Architect - https://methodarchitecture.com

DBPdkcN.pngcuS3uDb.png

01qOEys.png

cG6ATvU.png

Well, that's one.  I think currently all three spaces between Domoshi and The Nook are empty.  Was surprised when I saw that this semester.

Notice the aerial pic above still shows Chinese Star on the now empty lot next door.  I miss that place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, august948 said:

Well, that's one.  I think currently all three spaces between Domoshi and The Nook are empty.  Was surprised when I saw that this semester.

Notice the aerial pic above still shows Chinese Star on the now empty lot next door.  I miss that place.

Chinese Star never exchanged Cougar Cash for pitchers of beer and the largest portion of fried rice you've ever seen. No way, not at all.

On 3/4/2024 at 11:35 PM, august948 said:

Bullritos was having major issues for a while, a new owner came in and was hardly ever open, that lasted a semester.

every semester Pinks seemed to have fewer people. 

I was shocked about Jimmy Johns, there always seemed to be deliveries happening, or customer.

I'm glad to see someone is coming in.

• Like 1

Steel has started going up on the UH football operations center. I like how they are using the existing load bearing columns. This has saved a lot on foundation cost.

Screenshot_20240314_080856.jpg

Edited by Stew
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably a tall order for NC State to get past second-seeded Marquette, but if that were to happen, and the Coogs beat Duke, it would set up an Elite Eight meeting between the Coogs and the Wolfpack.

It sure would be sweet if the Coogs punched a ticket to the Final Four by beating NC State. The only downside would be how many times we'd have to watch replays of the closing seconds of the 1983 championship game. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...