• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheSirDingle said:

FOOD HOLE NOW GONE, REPLACE WITH FOOD TOWER.

G2sN15O.jpg

You have no idea how much I love this picture.

1 hour ago, TheSirDingle said:

It's amazing how much UH has changed in the past year, I probably won't recognize it in the next half decade. 

Before I started at UH (09) my optometrist told me not to get too attached to campus because every year at least one building will come down, two will go up, and by the time I graduate, the whole place will look completely different.

He was quite correct.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"A prominent Houston family has just made a sizable investment in the University of Houston’s in the C. T. Bauer College of Business. The Dakri family has pledged $4 million in support of the Bauer College’s new Center for Economic Inclusion, which which aims to develop minority entrepreneurship and business development."

unIYNjW.png

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/innovation/08-01-22-center-for-economic-inclusion-houston-dakri-family-gift-4-million-musa-khaleda-dakri-asif-dakri-faizel-dakri-minorities/

• Like 8

On 7/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, hindesky said:

Construction fencing is down and road open. Looks nice, I wonder if the interior is ready for students this fall semester?

Otu6CDX.jpg

I think it is? 

Well they're having meetings in it rn. I also remember seeing a presentation hall with a bunch of well dressed students inside the med school on facebook, but I can't find it for some reason. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, texas911 said:

Are those QB codes? Or some secret to decipher like on the CIA building? Also, the signage should be in red, looks hard to read with that background.

^^^ i absolutely CONCUR!  the signage should definitely be in RED.  i was thinking the very same day the other day when the illustration first appeared.  what on earth... were they thinking here?

• 2 weeks later...

PWogYE2.png

8yi9u79.png

"The new law school facility, which replaced four previous buildings, was decades in the making — ever since it became apparent that the campus, which made extensive use of basements, was situated above an underground spring, said the law school's dean, Leonard Baynes. That, plus flood damage during Tropical Storm Allison in 2001, led the law school's leadership to ask alumni and the state legislature to pull together to scrap the old campus and build anew."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/University-of-Houston-Law-Center-opens-new-93M-17430144.php#photo-22907896

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...