• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tigereye said:

Hope the new FOB doesn’t block the skyline view from within the stadium bowl. 

spacer.png

Sadly, there's a good chance it will block the lower bowl view. 

While part of the stadium will lose what would have been an amazing; ever improving view of the Houston skyline, the university will gain a much needed facility in its move back to a major conference after a good 26 years. The FOB is pretty much a necessity in the move and should greatly improve recruiting success and in turn on field success, all leading to greater alumni participation which will help many other aspects of the university.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, hindesky said:

While surfing at the Powers Brown Architects web site I saw this, has anyone heard or seen this student housing project? It's at the bottom of their renders so I suspect it may be old.

https://powersbrown.com/projects/commercial-3/multi-family

PVmD09W.png

TNEc6ZR.png

Maybe on Cullen and MacGregor, I'm only guessing that because it looks like its right off the bayou on the left side, and I vaguely remember hearing there was going to be more student housing where Beall village is or next to it? Idk

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

I'm guessing that is where Tower 5040 was built and this design didn't win even though it's about 100X better.

I was thinking where Beal Village used to be. Vaguely vaguely vaguely remember someone saying they were going to tear that down. 

22 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

I was thinking where Beal Village used to be. Vaguely vaguely vaguely remember someone saying they were going to tear that down. 

Beall Village is still there. If you look at the Powers Brown rendering you can see it to the left and that is why I think it was designed to be built here. To the left of Beall Village you can see Brays Bayou.

2VgijVo.png

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 10:24 AM, thedistrict84 said:

Hold on, just how many attorneys are in here? And more specifically, people who went to UH Law Center?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, if Reddit has taught me anything it's that we attorneys are masters at efficiently wasting time on the internet while in the office.  

UH Law 2001 checking in. 

2 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Tower 5040 is a private development. It's apartments geared towards students. I'm still thinking this is a possible Moody Towers replacement because it speaks of beds (dorms) rather than apartments.

It must be an earlier version of Tower 5040 because:

1. Left of it is the Beale Village and the exact bayou curve from that vantage point.

2. It looks too expensive for UH housing design.

3. UH student housing will not have balconies or swimming pools.

4. UH intends to replace Moody Towers with affordable student housing which is what Moody Towers is.

5. Mostly all private student housing says "number of beds" in published articles. 

Edited by Stew
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...