On 9/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, hindesky said:

"Big birthdays call for big celebrations, and the University of Houston is spending $35 million to prepare for its 100th.

University officials on Tuesday announced their most detailed plans to date for a project that will redesign major areas of campus – all in time for the centennial in 2027. UH has retained landscape and urban design firm OJB to envision new gateways at several entrances, a gathering space called Centennial Plaza and a shaded pathway along University Drive."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/university-houston-unveils-35m-landscaping-18348586.php#photo-24204462

Landscape architect - https://www.ojb.com

VcYHfhc.jpg

phwwamH.jpg

I love the way Houston continues to beautify and add green spaces.  Houston’s much-maligned climate is a key advantage over other Texas cities and we should continue to exploit it.  

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 9:22 PM, LosFeliz said:

Congrats to Monarch on the win in T-town. 

Coogs laid an egg. That egg was likely as drunk as the chicken who laid it.

spacer.png

^^^ why THANK U, kind sir!  being there for this most momentous victory in person, was simply beautiful.  HOOK'EM!

"The University of Houston System’s endowment has crossed over the $1 billion mark, placing it among the country’s wealthiest institutions.

The University of Houston System remains far behind those leaders, but reaching $1 billion at least puts it in a coveted group – just 20% of colleges and universities nationwide have endowments valued above that threshold, the business association reported last year. Those 132 institutions make up 84% of the combined value of all endowments."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/uh-endowment-among-elites-crossing-1-billion-mark-18411431.php

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

https://abc13.com/uh-new-football-facility-university-of-houston-memorial-hermann-operations-center-ceremonial-groundbreaking/14075919/

"The University of Houston held a ceremonial groundbreaking to highlight its new, state-of-the-art football facility on Friday.

The facility, soon to be known as the Memorial Hermann Football Operations Center, will feature up-to-date amenities and instantly help Houston's recruiting efforts, with the competition for talent across the country at an all-time high, the university said.

University president Renu Khator was among the attendees at the event, telling student-athletes she hopes the facility will help them succeed. "This building really is not for any other purpose - the most important thing is really you," she said. "We are doing this for you."

The university became an official member of the Big 12 Conference on July 1. The planned $130 million facility will also have amenities, including sports performance centers, an academic support services suite, a leading-edge locker room facility, student-athlete flex space, and office space to house football coaching and support staff."

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Surprise find of the day. A huge crawler crane has started work on the Memorial Hermann Football Operations Center. Austin Commercial is the contractor building it. They have built two other projects at UH that I'm aware of the new Quad dorms and the new Law building.

CUunI1U.jpg

SOrA17G.jpg

OcNiS5I.jpg

ehM9xvB.jpg

P0NdNmA.png

69IXI7K.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, hindesky said:

They might actually finish this since it's only early January.

E9hmZi4.png

eMBz9jN.png

extra info that I have. Feb 5 is the day it will open. however, this opening will only include half of the interior, the other half will be completed a bit later with a temp wall between.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, samagon said:

extra info that I have. Feb 5 is the day it will open. however, this opening will only include half of the interior, the other half will be completed a bit later with a temp wall between.

So on February 6th, I will be able to go in there at lunch time and get some food and sit down at a table and eat it.

If you say so.

13 hours ago, Stew said:

So on February 6th, I will be able to go in there at lunch time and get some food and sit down at a table and eat it.

If you say so.

It's what I've been told, and if you can do that, you should grab a coffee as well, it'll be tasty, I promise. 

If you can't do that feb 6, then when you can, get a coffee. 

😁

Edited by samagon
  • Like 3