Vertigo58

On 10/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I have not read the other 10 pages in this thread, so I don't know if this was shared. If not, I think the restaurants listed are Benjamin Berg of Berg Hospitality. Earlier this year, CultureMap and possibly other publications reported Berg is leasing space for several concepts for the Autry Park mixed-use. The names of the restaurants weren't disclosed.

One of the restaurants is named Annabelle's and the other Benjamin's Cut. I think the latter may be similar to Underbelly Hospitality's Georgia James Tavern.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:20 AM, hindesky said:

Berg Hospitality to open two new concepts at Autry Park

The same week that Berg Hospitality Group is opening a new restaurant in the Heights comes word that the prolific restaurateur Benjamin Berg will open two new concepts at Autry Park in Spring 2022.

Houston-based Hanover Company, in partnership with Lionstone Investments, announced Tuesday that Berg restaurants will be part of its 14-acre mixed-use development along the western edge of Buffalo Bayou Park.

The new Berg concepts will be Annabelle’s, an American brasserie serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Turner’s Cut, a luxury steakhouse. The Berg group’s Houston portfolio includes B&B Butchers & Restaurant, B.B. Lemon, The Annie Café & Bar, Turner’s, NoPo Café, and Trattoria Sofia, opening Friday in the Heights

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/new-berg-restaurants-coming-to-autry-park-and-16625148

On 3/30/2022 at 11:54 AM, hindesky said:

On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Back in either 2020 or 2021, the retail leasing agent for Autry Park released a merchandising plan with concepts and stores. There weren't specific retailers listed, only general descriptions of what may occupy each unit. 

Recently, Autry Park updated the retail section on their website with previously reported retailers. Also listed are confirmations of concepts speculated here a few pages back. When I last checked Autry Park's website in July, the retailers weren't listed.

Phase 1: Block A, E, G, and B1
Phase 2: Block B2, C, D, and F

https://autrypark.com/retail-leasing/

A01 - Annabelle's by Ben Berg

ZSvwfBi.jpg

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

OwtncRp.png

Additional details regarding Annabelle's from plans submitted to the city's permitting department.

Annnabelle's a new restaurant concept from Berg Hospitality Group. It's opening next year in the Autry Park mixed-use development.

The restaurant will be located at 811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 100. Annabelle's one of several ground floor retail at Hanover Autry Park.

Total square footage: 5,584 sf
Dining room area: 2,292 sf
Bar seating capacity: 32 ppl 
Patio area: 270 sf
Two outdoor terraces: 1,227 sf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amlaham said:

Imagine in 10 years, when the buildings in Downtown- Montrose- Greenway-Galleria start to connect 😩

I'm honestly starting to picture it 

When I went over the 59 exit from 610, you can see how different we look from the past 10 years. So many more high-rises 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 5

On 12/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

When I went over the 59 exit from 610, you can see how different we look from the past 10 years. So many more high-rises 

For me its always driving 610 through the Galleria/Uptown. It really paints a picture of change. Going to try to make it out here next year from this past April, and I'm sure I'll still be surprised at the changes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 3:28 PM, Amlaham said:

Imagine in 10 years, when the buildings in Downtown- Montrose- Greenway-Galleria start to connect 😩

I'm honestly starting to picture it 

It is easy to visualize this driving on the Fort Bend Toll Road coming from Sienna in Missouri City.  I wish I had a drone.  It’s not feasible to stop on the toll road but there are some awesome shots of the various skylines.  They are not as far apart as some people think!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, steve1363 said:

It is easy to visualize this driving on the Fort Bend Toll Road coming from Sienna in Missouri City.  I wish I had a drone.  It’s not feasible to stop on the toll road but there are some awesome shots of the various skylines.  They are not as far apart as some people think!

They really aren’t. Houston proper is roughly 100 square miles, so many of our city centers are relatively close. 

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Has anyone heard about a contemporary Vietnamese dining concept in planning for Autry Park? 

I'm not for certain, but maybe Berg Hospitality Group has plans for a Vietnamese restaurant? It's possible the concept could be another dining option for Autry Park.

A few weeks ago, Berg Hospitality Group filed a trade name for Maison Viet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Huh? Thought it was like 667 square miles or so...the metro area is like 10,000.

The loop is roughly 100 sq miles…. that would include Uptown, Greenway Plaza, The Texas Medical Center, and Downtown.

As another poster mentioned that leaves out The Woodlands, Energy Corridor, Westchase, Greenspoint… but nobody ever said those skylines would converge with downtown.

2 hours ago, steve1363 said:

The loop is roughly 100 sq miles…. that would include Uptown, Greenway Plaza, The Texas Medical Center, and Downtown.

As another poster mentioned that leaves out The Woodlands, Energy Corridor, Westchase, Greenspoint… but nobody ever said those skylines would converge with downtown.

Right, but those areas are mostly outside of the boundaries of the city proper. Hillcroft/Gulfton, Uptown, part of Bellaire/Asiatown, Broadway/Park Place/Hobby/Gulfgate, etc. are not, and I've never heard of anyone excluding them from their definition of Houston proper. I guess I just never thought of "Houston proper" and "inside the loop" as synonymous.

• Like 1

All of you are correct using different criterea.

The area within the 610 loop is slightly under 100 sq. miles ( interestingly more than twice the size of the city of Paris which has over 2 million people. Talk about density)

The city has an area of under 700 square miles with I think around 2.3 million people.

The Houston MSA is greater than 10,000 sq. miles making it slightly smaller than Massachusttes with the Houston MSA having several hundered thousand more people, now somewhere around 7.3 million.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, steve1363 said:

If one would be up for a drive, 99 at I-10 on a clear day has a really incredible view of the skylines converging. I’d think it’d be pretty easy to get a drone going up over there not far from La Centerra- you could really get a good view!

I love this new tower, but I guess I am a little surprised that their plan is to build two high rise buildings immediately adjacent to one another (reacting to the model showing this 40 story and the 25 or so story office building immediately across the internal street). Each seems to be directly cannabalizing the view of the other. 

• Like 1