Vertigo58

On 2/18/2023 at 12:13 AM, bobruss said:

Great color, detail, and field of vision in the above image of Autry Park.  I enjoy the details, and seeing it from this height and angle  reveals  a continuous line of growth of mid to high rise development all the  way from downtown, to the northern edge of TMC. The density and height that has occurred, especially in the Museum District sort of surprised me. Starting wth Lovett and Hines towers on Montrose, and continuing south to the  buildings clustered around the Museums and Herman Park  has revealed an emerging  mini skyline that shows up in this image. 

Crossing either direction on the Shepherd bridge yields amazing views of density.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

Looks like the tower crane is going up this weekend. The AT crane is being assembled. The other AT crane I posted before was just there to unload the rebar, it didn't set any of it in the excavation.

JXP0Hkk.jpg

Do they still have to add groundwater detention for this phase or was it done in one location for the whole project? 

13 hours ago, phillip_white said:

Do they still have to add groundwater detention for this phase or was it done in one location for the whole project? 

Depends how they sized and permitted it with Harris County Flood Control. I assume this building was included in the design of the current pond or they wouldn't be starting without having the pond in place first.

On 2/9/2023 at 2:22 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Helpful visual for expected openings.  

4FC5B149-526C-43C4-A0B7-B4374283DDD8.jpeg

On 2/10/2023 at 2:12 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Text version of the above photo displaying estimated openings for Autry Park's retail tenants.

Autry Park Coming Soon

Opening July 2023

• Annabelle
    American brasserie serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner by Berg Hospitality Group

811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 100

• Auden
    Vegetable-forward, global-inspired shared plates and cocktail bar

3737 Cogdell St, Suite 100

• Lick / Lick Honest Ice Creams
    Artisanal frozen treats made with peak-season ingredients from local farmers and Texas food artisans

3737 Cogdell St, Suite 130

• Piermarini
    Specialty clothing boutique featuring elevated apparel and accessories for both men and women

3737 Cogdell St, Suite 140

Opening August 2023

• Turner's Cut
    Luxury steakhouse serving the best of land and sea by Berg Hospitality Group

811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 160

Opening October 2023

• Doko + Bar Doko
    High-energy sushi bar by the team behind Handies Douzo

Doko: 3737 Cogdell St, Suite 145
    Bar Doko: 3737 Cogdell St, Suite 135

• Mane Salon
    Full-service salon offering premium color, cuts, and extensions from celebrity stylists Gabriel Perez and Jesus Guerrero

811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 140

Opening November 2023

• Duo Coffee
    Specialty coffee shop that features locally sourced coffee beans, pastries, juices, and more

3737 Cogdell St, Suite 180

• Duo Pilates + Spin
    Unique fitness concept that's first of its kind in Houston

3737 Cogdell St, Suite 180

• MF Lobster
    Fresh lobster and ceviche dishes created by Chris Kinjo and Chef Miguel Alvarez

Opening December 2023

• Annam
    Restaurant and wine bar that serves Vietnamese-inspired cuisine with a French twist from Chris Kinjo and Dung "Lang" Nguyen

Opening January 2024

• Maison Viet
    Upscale men's haberdashery in front and sexy speakeasy in back by Berg Hospitality Group

811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 110

• Mayahuel
    High-energy modern Mexico City cantina and cocktail bar featuring street food and cantina classics from Michelin Star chefs

Last month, Autry Park recapped its Valentine's event previewing select retail tenants coming soon to the mixed-use development.

The photo @nate4l1f3 shared last month - the one listing forthcoming tenants and estimated openings - was on display at the Valentine's event.

From the recap posted to Autry Park's website:

• Making its debut was Mane Salon – a full-service salon offering premium color, cut, and luxury extensions. A cultivation of a dynamic partnership through a long-time business relationship between Gabriel Perez and Jesus Guerrero, Mane Salon will bring expert knowledge and and an unparalleled experience to Autry Park. 

Mane Salon will open at Autry Park October 2023.

• High-energy modern Mexico City cantina and cocktail bar, Mayahuel, had guests falling in love with the flavors of the Moonstruck cocktail, pork belly taco and incredible desserts. 

• Doko, the sushi bar coming to Autry Park from the team behind Handies Douzo, gave an exclusive preview of the menu items to come later this year.

• Auden, opening in July, provided sweets for the evening with chocolate truffles and orange sponge cakes.

https://autrypark.com/autry-park-brings-out-valentine-vibes/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 6

Another Instagram story posted to BuiltNearby that was taken from Houston Architecture Info Forum without attribution:

Yesterday, BuiltNearby shared news of Chris Kinjo's MF Lobster coming to Autry Park. The part BuiltNearby posted without attributing HAIF is the speculated location of the restaurant. 

In their Instagram story, the caption read, "MF Lobster opening later this year in Autry Park." Included in the story, a photo at the intersection of Autry Park Dr and Buffalo Park Dr.

I speculated MF Lobster may be located at the corner of Autry Park Dr and Buffalo Park Dr last month (none of the building permits indicate where it's going and there are no alcohol permits for it yet). Unlike the photo BuiltNearby posted showing the units in the round, the speculated location is actually across from the round structures:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/44432-hanover-autry-park-mixed-use-at-allen-parkway-w-dallas-st/?do=findComment&comment=673137

On 2/10/2023 at 9:10 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

More about the portion of Autry Park at 3711 Autry Park Dr. It's included in the circled map and is located on the corner of Buffalo Park Dr.

I think the restaurants could be for chef Chris Kinjo's MF Lobster and Annam. I'm not completely certain.

pIp4Is4.jpg

I don't know why, but I find it interesting BuiltNearby and Walking Houston are constantly on HAIF, but never attribute the site in their posts. Yet, both accounts will attribute publications like Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, Bisnow Houston, CultureMap, and others.  It's more noticeable to me because BuiltNearby mostly uses my posts pertaining to restaurants and bars, mostly ones that I didn't find online. 

Anyway, here is the photo BuiltNearby shared in its Instagram story yesterday regarding MF Lobster. Although the photo shows the wrong location of the restaurant, some may appreciate yet another photo of the development from a different angle.

NY6gsqL.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/10/2023 at 5:43 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think at least one of Kinjo's restaurants will be located at 3711 Autry Park Dr, Suite 100. There are permits listing MC2 Architectural Studio as occupant of a unit at 3711 Autry Park Dr, Ste 100. MC2 Architectural Studio designed MF Sushi. Maybe they're involved with Kinjo's Autry Park projects.

On 2/10/2023 at 9:10 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

More about the portion of Autry Park at 3711 Autry Park Dr. It's included in the circled map and is located on the corner of Buffalo Park Dr.

I think the restaurants could be for chef Chris Kinjo's MF Lobster and Annam. I'm not completely certain.

This is from the plan review submitted:

• 3711 Autry Park Dr, Suites 100, 200, & 300

•  Proposed: three shell buildings, two for future restaurants

• Scope: Three (3) new ground up, single story buildings located within a central park each looking onto a shared plaza. The largest building is a 2,124 sq/ft shell building, intended to house a future restaurant tenant. The next largest building is a 1,521 sq/ft shell building, also intended to house a future restaurant. The smallest building is a 573 sq/ft utility building that will house restrooms & shared utilities for the three buildings.

• A 2,124 sq/ft full-service restaurant w/ 593 sq/ft of dining area | G1 Building

• A bar/lounge w/ (40) occupants & 1,591 sq/ft of retail space | G2 Building

• Utility w/ 573 sq/ft | G3 Building

pIp4Is4.jpg

It seems my speculation regarding MF Lobster's location at 3711 Autry Park Dr is correct.

MF Lobster is a new dining concept from chef Chris Kinjo and team (MF Sushi).  It is leasing a unit that has the following assigned address: 3711 Autry Park Dr, Suite 100.

According to documents submitted to the city by MC2 Architectural Studio (the architecture firm designed MF Sushi), these are the specs for MF Lobster:

• A 2,124 sf full-service restaurant w/ 593 sf of dining area 

This is also included in the description of the project:

• 2,026 sf restaurant buildout w/outdoor patio at 3711 Autry Park Dr, Ste 100

•  Dining area: 1,174 sf w/ 78 occupants

• Kitchen: 813 sf

• Patio: 800 sf w/ 53 occupants

• Utility: 39 sf

• Total square footage: 2,826 sf

• Total occupant load: 136 (83 interior / 53 outdoor patio)
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Turner's Cut may be the name of one of Berg Hospitality Group's new restaurants at Autry Park. It could be the new working name replacing Benjamin's Cut.

A domain was purchased this summer for Turner's Cut linking to Berg Hospitality.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:20 AM, hindesky said:

Berg Hospitality to open two new concepts at Autry Park

The same week that Berg Hospitality Group is opening a new restaurant in the Heights comes word that the prolific restaurateur Benjamin Berg will open two new concepts at Autry Park in Spring 2022.

Houston-based Hanover Company, in partnership with Lionstone Investments, announced Tuesday that Berg restaurants will be part of its 14-acre mixed-use development along the western edge of Buffalo Bayou Park.

The new Berg concepts will be Annabelle’s, an American brasserie serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Turner’s Cut, a luxury steakhouse.

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/new-berg-restaurants-coming-to-autry-park-and-16625148

Text version of the above photo displaying estimated openings for Autry Park's retail tenants.

Opening August 2023

• Turner's Cut
    Luxury steakhouse serving the best of land and sea by Berg Hospitality Group

811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 160

The website for Turner's Cut is up and running, at least the landing page is. It was launched sometime in the last week or so (the site was blank two weeks ago).

Turner's But is a Berg Hospitality Group dining concept coming soon to the Autry Park mixed-use development. The upscale steakhouse will be located on the ground floor of Hanover Autry Park. 811 Buffalo Park Dr, Ste 160 is the address.

https://www.turnerscut.com

g7pgnJ4.png

• Like 3

Opening December 2023

• Annam
    Restaurant and wine bar that serves Vietnamese-inspired cuisine with a French twist from Chris Kinjo and Dung "Lang" Nguyen

Annam will be located at 811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 120. It's next to Berg Hospitality Group's Annabelle at  Hanover Autry Park.

As noted in above posts, Annam is a Viet-French-inspired restaurant and wine bar. The concept comes from Chris Kinjo (MF Sushi) and Dung Nguyen.

5 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Another Instagram story posted to BuiltNearby that was taken from Houston Architecture Info Forum without attribution:

Yesterday, BuiltNearby shared news of Chris Kinjo's MF Lobster coming to Autry Park. The part BuiltNearby posted without attributing HAIF is the speculated location of the restaurant. 

In their Instagram story, the caption read, "MF Lobster opening later this year in Autry Park." Included in the story, a photo at the intersection of Autry Park Dr and Buffalo Park Dr.

I speculated MF Lobster may be located at the corner of Autry Park Dr and Buffalo Park Dr last month (none of the building permits indicate where it's going and there are no alcohol permits for it yet). Unlike the photo BuiltNearby posted showing the units in the round, the speculated location is actually across from the round structures:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/44432-hanover-autry-park-mixed-use-at-allen-parkway-w-dallas-st/?do=findComment&comment=673137

I don't know why, but I find it interesting BuiltNearby and Walking Houston are constantly on HAIF, but never attribute the site in their posts. Yet, both accounts will attribute publications like Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, Bisnow Houston, CultureMap, and others.  It's more noticeable to me because BuiltNearby mostly uses my posts pertaining to restaurants and bars, mostly ones that I didn't find online. 

Anyway, here is the photo BuiltNearby shared in its Instagram story yesterday regarding MF Lobster. Although the photo shows the wrong location of the restaurant, some may appreciate yet another photo of the development from a different angle.

NY6gsqL.jpg

Speaking specifically on the location, I walked around Autry Park last Friday.  There was a building permit for MF Lobster in the above pictured circular building window, dated early February on the permit.  So it appears it's been there for about a month.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Speaking specifically on the location, I walked around Autry Park last Friday.  There was a building permit for MF Lobster in the above pictured circular building window, dated early February on the permit.  So it appears it's been there for about a month.

Yes. I noted there are building permits for that particular unit:

On 2/10/2023 at 5:43 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think at least one of Kinjo's restaurants will be located at 3711 Autry Park Dr, Suite 100. There are permits listing MC2 Architectural Studio as occupant of a unit at 3711 Autry Park Dr, Ste 100. MC2 Architectural Studio designed MF Sushi. Maybe they're involved with Kinjo's Autry Park projects.

However, the building permit does not list MF Lobster as the occupant. The permit lists MC2 Architectural Studio as the one who applied for the permit. Also, the permit only indicates a buildout for a no-name restaurant and nothing more.

I've been following BuiltNearby's Instagram since it was created. I've also noticed how a lot of what's posted here, specifically info from me about restaurants and bars that haven't applied for a liquor permit, have no DBA, no online presence, and no building permits, are posted by BuiltNearby days or weeks later. They're free to do so since it's no different than what we do on HAIF and other online platforms. Still, I find it weird the account attributes local publications without fail but not this forum, where BuiltNearby gets the bulk of its content.