Vertigo58

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

Guy I know working at this project just told me......"The mat pour for the bldg. It is scheduled to start @ 1am Sat. and will go through until 6am Monday. It is going to be 9000 cyds. 6 pumps will be out here." 

Calling Purdueengineered!!  

How will a heavy rain affect freshly poured concrete? I cant imagine it being real good for it

15 hours ago, hindesky said:

Guy I know working at this project just told me......"The mat pour for the bldg. It is scheduled to start @ 1am Sat. and will go through until 6am Monday. It is going to be 9000 cyds. 6 pumps will be out here." 

On the day of the Art Car Parade?  That seems like it would be monumentally bad planning.  Hopefully he meant next Saturday, not today.

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

On the day of the Art Car Parade?  That seems like it would be monumentally bad planning.  Hopefully he meant next Saturday, not today.

The one single day that Allen Parkway has more people & traffic than any other day of the year. And they pick that day.

"Monumentally bad planning" may be an understatement.😁

• Like 1

One suspects 1 am Sunday was the plan all along.  Mat pours are pretty carefully planned, typically involving permitted street closings etc. etc.  They probably would not have been able to get a permit for necessary street closings on the day of the Art Car Parade.  (And that's in addition to the logistical nightmare of trying to orchestrate the time-sensitive deliveries around all that traffic and other street closures; Very unlikely ANY contractor would make that mistake.)

• Like 4

On 2/10/2023 at 5:25 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:
On 2/9/2023 at 2:22 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Helpful visual for expected openings.  

4FC5B149-526C-43C4-A0B7-B4374283DDD8.jpeg

Expand  

On 2/10/2023 at 2:12 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Opening January 2024

• Mayahuel
    High-energy modern Mexico City cantina and cocktail bar featuring street food and cantina classics from Michelin Star chefs

When I saw Mayahuel in @nate4l1f3's post, my thought was this could be Picos Hospitality Group new dining concept. The restaurant group is known for Arnaldo Richard's Picos.

Not too long ago, Instagram suggested I follow the account Mayahuel.htx. Picos Hospitality Group is listed in the bio.

However, given the description from the above photo, Mayahuel may be a restaurant from someone else.

Mayahuel is possibly a new food & beverage concept from Culinary Khancepts. The hospitality group operates Star Cinema Grill, Liberty Kitchen, and State Fair. There's an entity for Mayahuel Autry Park tied to Culinary Khancepts.

Described as a "modern Mexico City cantina and cocktail bar," Mayahuel is one of two forthcoming dining concepts from Culinary Khancepts. Leo's, a fine dining companion to the River Oaks Theater, opens later this year at 2009 W Gray in the River Oaks Shopping Center.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 2/10/2023 at 5:25 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I also wonder which unit Mayahuel is leasing at Autry Park? Located on the retail and merchandising site map - from on Autry Park's website - there is a ground floor retail at Hanover Autry Park for a taqueria and mezcaleria. Maybe the Mexican bar & grill will operate there?

ODErvKA.jpg

20 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Mayahuel is possibly a new food & beverage concept from Culinary Khancepts. The hospitality group operates Star Cinema Grill, Liberty Kitchen, and State Fair. There's an entity for Mayahuel Autry Park tied to Culinary Khancepts.

Described as a "modern Mexico City cantina and cocktail bar," Mayahuel is one of two forthcoming dining concepts from Culinary Khancepts. Leo's, a fine dining companion to the River Oaks Theater, opens later this year at 2009 W Gray in the River Oaks Shopping Center.

On the Autry Park website is an updated retail site map. The map below shows the location Mayahuel at 811 Buffalo Park Dr (possibly suite 130). It's one of several Hanover Autry Park ground floor retail.

https://autrypark.com/retail-spaces/a04/#

5mlgwgf.jpg

aTufRDr.jpg

• Like 7

In the last few weeks, Autry Park updated the retail section on its website. The update includes a fuller list of tenants and opening timelines.

There isn't much difference from the list @nate4l1f3 shared in February, with the exception of Sloan/Hall's inclusion.

https://autrypark.com/retail-leasing/

From the website: 

Autry Park

Coming Soon

In July 2023, 22 carefully-curated restaurants, shops, and amenities will begin opening for business in Autry Park. This urban village is poised to become Houston's most dynamic dining and shopping destination and we can't wait to share it with you.

1xmH4EQ.png

• Like 5

On 9/20/2022 at 11:05 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Tout Chocolat, an artisanal chocolate shop from Mexico is coming to Autry Park. I think the Houston store may be the first outpost in the United States.

In addition to chocolate and chocolate candies, Tout Chocolat also offers coffee beverages and desserts.

http://www.toutchocolat.mx

The location of Tout Chocolat's shop at Autry Park and rendering of the building:

jS33lSr.jpg

VjEPlnJ.jpg

RiRUZKu.jpg

Tout Chocolat is no longer listed as a retail tenant on Autry Park's website.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Back in either 2020 or 2021, the retail leasing agent for Autry Park released a merchandising plan with concepts and stores. There weren't specific retailers listed, only general descriptions of what may occupy each unit. 

Recently, Autry Park updated the retail section on their website with previously reported retailers. Also listed are confirmations of concepts speculated here a few pages back. When I last checked Autry Park's website in July, the retailers weren't listed.

Phase 1: Block A, E, G, and B1
Phase 2: Block B2, C, D, and F

blyx6w1.jpg

Autry Park updated the site map on its website recently. The map is located in the retail section on the site. On the map, additional retailers and adjusted timeline for Block B, D, and F.

Previously, the map included the timeline for the following blocks:

• Block B1
    Boutique Office
    60,00 sf/ 6 stories
    Coming 2024

• Block B2 (Hanover Buffalo Park)
    Residential Tower
    350 units/ 35 stories

• Block D1
    Boutique Office
    60,000 sf / 6 stories
    Coming 2024

• Block D2
    Office Tower
    18 stories
    Coming 2024

• Block F
    Boutique Hotel or Social Club

Updated timeline for Blocks B,D, and F shown on the revised map:

• Block B1
    Coming 2025

• Block B2 (Hanover Buffalo Park)
    Residential Tower
    Coming 2025

• Block D1
    Boutique Office
    Coming 2026

• Block D2
    Office Tower
    Coming 2026

• Block F
    Boutique Hotel or Social Club
    Coming 2025

Wkj5Ybr.jpg

• Like 8

On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Recently, Autry Park updated the retail section on their website with previously reported retailers. Also listed are confirmations of concepts speculated here a few pages back. When I last checked Autry Park's website in July, the retailers weren't listed.

Phase 1: Block A, E, G, and B1
Phase 2: Block B2, C, D, and F

ZSvwfBi.jpg

A01 - Annabelle's by Ben Berg (4,977 Sq Ft)
A02 - TBA jazz & cocktail bar (3,033 Sq Ft)
A03 -  TBA taqueria & mezcal bar (2,826 Sq Ft)
A04 -  TBA bodega & wine bar (4,191 Sq Ft)
A05 - TBA salon (1,829 Sq Ft)
A06 - Turner's Cut (1,962 Sq Ft)

B1-1 - TBA high-volume restaurant with bayou views (5,000 Sq Ft)
B1-2 - TBA breezy boutique with park overlook (5,000 Sq Ft)
B2-2 - TBA wellness & amenities (5,000 Sq Ft) ← May refer to Duo Coffee & Pilates

D01 - TBA bookstore and stationery (2,123 Sq Ft)
D02- TBA all-day cafe (6,000 Sq Ft)

E01 - Auden (2,801 Sq Ft)
E02 - TBA mission-driven fashion (2,567 Sq Ft)
E03 - TBA technical activewear (2,804 Sq Ft)
E04 - Lick Honest Ice Creams (556 Sq Ft)
E05-A - Handies Douzo (or Handies Douzou) (1,921 Sq Ft)
E05-B - TBA sake & whisky bar by Handies Douzo (602 Sq Ft)
E06 - Piermarini (859 Sq Ft)
E07 - TBA shoes & accessories boutique (973 Sq Ft)
E08-A - TBA boutique retail (1,659 Sq Ft)
E08-B - TBA boutique retail (1,659 Sq Ft)
E09 - TBA men's apparel store (2,217 Sq Ft)
E10 - TBA artisanal goods emporium (1,999 Sq Ft)

G01 - TBA restaurant in the round (2,123 Sq Ft)
G02 - Tout Chocolat (1,017 Sq Ft)

In recent weeks, Autry Park updated its online map of the mixed-use development. The map is located in the retail section on the site.

On the map, are a few additional tenants and their location in the development. Tout Chocolat no longer appears on the map.

Sc5bNdG.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/9/2023 at 2:22 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Helpful visual for expected openings.  

4FC5B149-526C-43C4-A0B7-B4374283DDD8.jpeg

9 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

https://houston.eater.com/2023/5/23/23733262/summer-restaurant-openings-houston-autry-park

Should be a great pedestrian experience when all of these places are open.

I emailed Eater Houston and other publications covering Houston's dining scene (with the exception of CultureMap) the list of Autry Park retail tenants @nate4l1f3 shared in February. That list included the estimated openings. Additionally, it also included a few dining concepts that weren't previously known (at least on this forum or elsewhere online).

Still, almost four months later, Eater Houston reports this. It's not surprising really. I send lots of tips their way but most of it falls on deaf ears (either that or they're too lazy to actually follow up and do their own leg work). 

I don't know what happed to Eater Houston. It used to be a dependable go-to source of restaurant and bar news and guides, be it rumors, comings and goings, dining trends, etc. The same could be said for Houston Chronicle's buisness and real estate coverage. I find out more about what's being built or is going to be built from this forum than Houston Chronicle.

Back to Eater Houston, Eater LA, Eater NY, Eater Boston, and the other cities are far better in keeping their readers in the know. Sadly, majority of Eater Houston's content these days consists of repackaged press releases disguised as articles and stale lists with PR-sourced, predictable restaurants and bars.

• Like 5