Vertigo58

3 hours ago, lockmat said:

It has been a while since I’ve been on HAIF.

This thread is for the old Regent Square, correct?

What is the general HAIF consensus, are the new plans better or worse than Regent Square?

If you're referring to the post you quoted, it's the retail layout for the Autry Park development. The layout is located on Autry Park's website under the retail section.

In regards to older plans for Regent Square, I'm not familiar with them. Perhaps someone will chime in and provide you with an answer.

• Like 2

That curb thingy they installed to make a right turn lane (see bottom of bottom picture) is dangerous. when you're driving in the right lane, it comes up suddenly and you have to get over quickly.  Someone is going to ruin the front axle of their car one day. I suspect it creates a bottleneck also.

1 hour ago, slcowart416 said:

That curb thingy they installed to make a right turn lane (see bottom of bottom picture) is dangerous. when you're driving in the right lane, it comes up suddenly and you have to get over quickly.  Someone is going to ruin the front axle of their car one day. I suspect it creates a bottleneck also.

Isn't that how most right turn only lanes work? Better to ruin an axle than plow into a car trying to merge onto Allen parkway. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm not for certain, but maybe Berg Hospitality Group has plans for a Vietnamese restaurant? It's possible the concept could be another dining option for Autry Park.

A few weeks ago, Berg Hospitality Group filed a trade name for Maison Viet. 

On 2/10/2023 at 2:42 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

So, a cocktail bar and lounge is only one part of Maison Viet. Berg Hospitality Groups' new concept at Autry Park will also include a men's clothing and/or accessories boutique. Interesting.

There is an Instagram account for Maison Viet. Also, there is a registered web domain.

Maison Viet is a Berg Hospitality Group concept. It's a haberdashery with a speakeasy. Located at 811 Buffalo Park Dr, Suite 110, the men's clothing / accessories boutique is one of several ground level retail at Hanvover Autry Park.

https://www.instagram.com/themaisonviet

themaisonviet.com

Serious question- what is taking so long for these tenants to move into Autry Park & Regent Square?

I don't remember City Centre and River Oaks District having such a hard time finding tenants.

Covid is no longer an excuse...nor is the economy.  The malls and other similar developments are packed right now!

Edited by shasta
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2023 at 9:40 AM, Montrose1100 said:

Patiently waiting for the day we see more highrises on the north side of the Bayou.

Would be dramatically hastened by securing an easement for a "hike and bike HOV lane" in the Memorial Drive median from Detering to Westcott and then from Westcott to Crestwood (to connect BBP, Spotts/Cleveland and Spencer M Clements parks directly into Memorial Park), no?

If it couldn't be done due to all the curb cut movements then like an HOV flyover it would require an elevated approach, though the project need not look like linear overpass columns being inserted in the median.  A more artful approach could take inspiration from the arcs of a stone skipped on the bayou surface nearby, and consist of filigreed supports that arch from median island to median island with walkway "hills" slowly rising and falling on top for the walkers and joggers and other people to enjoy 

Oops, thought that it was going to add my comment into my recent one.  Good info though hindesky