Vertigo58

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, hindesky said:

The tower crane operator who works for TAS just messaged me on IG saying his bosses just told him they are moving him to a Hanover high rise project to build a 42 story high rise here in Houston. He is currently operating the tower crane at the Marquette Companies White Oak apartments. He was told he would transfer over to his new job around Jan-March. He was also the operator at the Allen project on the taller crane and the tower crane operator at the Hanover River Oaks. Only building that qualifies in that height range is the one at Hanover Autry Park.

Nice! I can't wait for that tower to be built it's gonna have one hell of a presence on Allen Parkway and Memorial!

• Like 7

On 11/18/2022 at 9:31 PM, hindesky said:

The tower crane operator who works for TAS just messaged me on IG saying his bosses just told him they are moving him to a Hanover high rise project to build a 42 story high rise here in Houston. He is currently operating the tower crane at the Marquette Companies White Oak apartments. He was told he would transfer over to his new job around Jan-March. He was also the operator at the Allen project on the taller crane and the tower crane operator at the Hanover River Oaks. Only building that qualifies in that height range is the one at Hanover Autry Park.

Not over on Post Oak Blvd? That one's 42 stories.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:43 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

That one is by Deiso Moss and it is proposed for 43 stories.

“We acquire, develop and mange…”. 😮 

52524262897_9aee47eeb4_b.jpg

Like we really need any more mangy buildings.

From the same link:

2120 Post Oak Blvd.

Deiso Moss is developing a 43 story mixed use tower on the coveted Post Oak Blvd in Houston, TX. The tower will consist of 25,000SF of retail, 100,000 square feet of office and 350 multi family apartments.

How many families in each apartment? More than three is considered a downscale elegance.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Bob said:

Is the new building residential?  Apartments or condos?  Where exactly does it sit on the property - on West Dallas or on Allen Parkway?  Is it 42 stories?

Looks like Mixed-Use Apartments/Retail/Office :)

I’m not sure what the orientation is? Maybe there’s been a clear site plan somewhere

Edited by BEES?!

18 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I went by this and saw a worker coming out of the fenced area where the 42 story apartments will be. I asked him a few questions about it but he pointed out another worker who would know more, he said this will start in two weeks, confirmed the 42 story and TAS being the concrete contractor. He also said the mid rise office building next to it will start soon.

Amazing.  This development and general area is going to be special for Houston.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I went by this and saw a worker coming out of the fenced area where the 42 story apartments will be. I asked him a few questions about it but he pointed out another worker who would know more, he said this will start in two weeks, confirmed the 42 story and TAS being the concrete contractor. He also said the mid rise office building next to it will start soon.

That's good to hear! Now it's time for Regent Square to get going!

40 minutes ago, urbanize713 said:

Not going to happen but at this point I wish the Regent Square team would just approach Hanover and make some sort of business deal where Hanover develops the parcel fronting Allen parkway or just outright sells it to them. 

Anything is possible!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:00 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

More details about Auden, a vegetable-forward restaurant opening at Autry Park, were reported towards the end of 2021. So, it's not the freshest of news, but I didn't see anyone make a post about it.

I think Nitecap Hospitality, the group behind Auden, is also involved with the bakery EaDough under construction in EaDo.

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/vegetable-centric-restaurant-with-buffalo-bayou-16684902

An update of the estimated opening timeline for Auden. This is the vegetable-forward restaurant coming soon to mixed-used development Autry Park. The restaurant will be located at 3737 Cogdell St.

More on Auden's new anticipated opening date in an article published yesterday. The article is from Community Impact:

" Auden, which originally sought to open in spring 2022, is now looking at an early summer 2023 opening in the Autry Park mixed-use development at 3711 Autry Park Drive, Houston. The restaurant will be run by the husband-and-wife duo of Kirthan and Kripa Shenoy, founders of EaDough in east downtown Houston."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/dining/2022/12/13/5-eateries-slated-to-open-in-2023-in-montrose-river-oaks/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A model of the tentatively-named AP Bar - exterior only. This is from Autry Park's website.

TTqnEON.jpg

I am relieved that you said it's a rendering of the bar, as I was afraid for a moment that was a rendering of Phase Two - complete with a gigantic David Adickes statue of the last drunken patron leaving to find his car...🤐😎