Vertigo58

ABC13 and the Houston Chronicle reported on a story about a carjacking at the Hanover Autry Park. Worker killed and the truck ran into the lobby of the building.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/Police-shoot-suspect-after-fatal-carjacking-17058133.php

"The attacker then crashed through the glass lobby of the high-rise apartment. A concierge took shelter in a back office. The attacker got back behind the wheel, Finner said, and crashed the truck into that office as well. "

https://abc13.com/hpd-shoot-man-police-shootings-armed-with-knife-hanover-autry-park/11710855/

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

ABC13 and the Houston Chronicle reported on a story about a carjacking at the Hanover Autry Park. Worker killed and the truck ran into the lobby of the building.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/Police-shoot-suspect-after-fatal-carjacking-17058133.php

"The attacker then crashed through the glass lobby of the high-rise apartment. A concierge took shelter in a back office. The attacker got back behind the wheel, Finner said, and crashed the truck into that office as well. "

https://abc13.com/hpd-shoot-man-police-shootings-armed-with-knife-hanover-autry-park/11710855/

Man sounds like this guy was absolutely crazy.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Hanover Autry Park: Allen Parkway & W. Dallas St. Mixed-Use Development
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, Triton said:

Calling it now. If this development is successful, I see Hanover purchasing the Regent Square property and we'll see phase II and III over there. I'll miss the aesthetics that Regent Square was proposing but we should have had walkable mixed-use development in this area by now already.

Following up on this, Regent Square finally got moving after Hanover started Autry Park. I award this prediction 50 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Either Duo / Duo Coffee & Pilates is looking to lease, in negotiations, or has leased a unit at the Autry Park mixed-use development.

Duo is a local business that doubles as a coffee shop and pilates studio. Their Autry Park outpost will be their second location. The first is located in the River Oaks area at 2147 WestheimerRd, Ste A.

• Like 4

On 6/10/2022 at 7:03 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Either Duo / Duo Coffee & Pilates is looking to lease, in negotiations, or has leased a unit at the Autry Park mixed-use development.

Duo is a local business that doubles as a coffee shop and pilates studio. Their Autry Park outpost will be their second location. The first is located in the River Oaks area at 2147 WestheimerRd, Ste A.

I frequent that place often for my morning cup. Like a 5 min walk from my place. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, iah77 said:

I was shopping at Restoration Hardware over the weekend and the lady said they are moving indeed and adding a restaurant so I guess that is still alive as well. 

Rumor has it that they're building a new location in Highland Village. The Autry Park location is dead.

On 6/14/2022 at 2:21 PM, HoustonBoy said:

A huge addition for the area - I thought this latest development cycle had already ended, but I guess we’ll get another tower! 

I went looking on SCB's website to find this project. They did one tower for Hanover in Uptown, but this one didn't appear to be there yet...

Project Name: 3712 Autry Park Dr - Foundation/Basement

Location Address: 3712 Autry Park Dr.

Start Date: 8/1/2022

Completion Date: 12/31/2023

Estimated Cost: $4,000,000

Scope of Work: foundation/basement scope only for a new 6-story office building. The basement is used for parking only.

Design Firm Name: Gensler

• Like 7

Glad to see this is public, a PR should be coming soon.  My understanding is the office component (~100k SF) is going on the former proposed 'RH' site across Buffalo Park Drive from Hanover AP. This and the new MF going up will be quite the construction site... The fencing around the central retail pods are coming down and the 'urban chic village' feel is really starting to take shape. 

Incredibly impressive destination for Houston and can't wait for restaurant/retail tenants to get underway.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Glad to see this is public, a PR should be coming soon.  My understanding is the office component (~100k SF) is going on the former proposed 'RH' site across Buffalo Park Drive from Hanover AP. This and the new MF going up will be quite the construction site... The fencing around the central retail pods are coming down and the 'urban chic village' feel is really starting to take shape. 

Incredibly impressive destination for Houston and can't wait for restaurant/retail tenants to get underway.

Is this that timber "boutique" office building that was announced a while back or is this a separate project?

19 minutes ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

Is this that timber "boutique" office building that was announced a while back or is this a separate project?

Separate project. This will have a glass facade located along Allen Parkway.  Timber construction is still planned for the corner of W Dallas and Buffalo Park, as of now.

• Like 5

"The festival, which is partnering with the Houston Food Bank nonprofit, will take over Autry Park at Shepherd and Allen Parkway from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, October 2, pairing chefs like Top Chef: Houston finalist Evelyn Garcia, Aaron Bludorn of Bludorn, and Niki Vongthong, chef of Hidden Omakase, with farmers to further demonstrate what happens when there’s a focus on seasonal and sustainable food."

https://houston.eater.com/2022/7/11/23204144/chefs-for-farmers-texas-food-and-wine-festival-houston-coming-soon

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Hanover Autry Park: Mixed-Use At Allen Parkway & W. Dallas St.
  • 1 month later...