Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

13 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

If they are still committed, I actually believe this will break ground in Q1 2021 since the hotel now is a larger part of the equation with the reduced project scope.

I’m moreso worried about when this fed pump manipulation ends and the stock market crashes, but I agree the hotel is a large part of the equation here.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

Should everything Caydon be in one thread with the different phases starting at different times and Kimpton being a project worthy of it's own thread?

If there were ways to create physical separators in threads that denote phases of a project, and each building, then I would be fine with megathreads, but it just gets harder and harder as projects start to stack on top of one another with no way to figure out what is going on. I would be for separate threads with this being the case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, TheSirDingle said:

Caydon website: https://caydonproperty.com/us/properties/residential
Link given for view property: https://caydonproperty.com/us/properties/fitzroy-residences-houston-condos

(pardon me for the low quality snip)

864979121_Phase_2caydon.PNG.fb9630a43a6d7ae3ddda33d255b744cd.PNG
Looks like they also updated their listing on the website. It seems to be a condo tower paired with a Kimpton hotel, and has the same street level rendering looking at the garage level as before.

The Condominiums will start from $300k, and will range from 1-3 bedrooms (bathrooms are currently unknown but we can assume it's the same as the bedrooms). They'll also range from 560 sqft to 2000 sqft. That's all I can really get from the website listing.

For the view property link it ask me to put in my email, name, and phone # if you want to know more about the development (guess they'll send me a link in the future). This in turn puts you on a VIP list that allows you to be one of the first people to visit their sales office. 

$300k for 560 sqft...yowza!

• Like 2

I actually like the scaled down version - it kind of looks like the Allen.  The fact that it will have a neighboring tower on the same block is great for density and based on Drewery Place, Caydon will use high quality materials.  Of course would prefer a higher floor count, but 30+ floors with good design/quality in an area that didn't have a high-rise 12 months ago is a W in my book.

• Like 9

I'm just gonna echo @CREguy13 and say something like this in midtown is really going to change the look of midtown. Houston is so spread out, a really tall building doesn't make much sense here. In some sense this sort of thing is necessary before we can begin to get very tall buildings. 

And I for one still remember when, except for two peculiar buildings, all the buildings in midtown were two to four stories tall. 

Edited by EllenOlenska
  • Like 9

On 6/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, EllenOlenska said:

I'm just gonna echo @CREguy13 and say something like this in midtown is really going to change the look of midtown. Houston is so spread out, a really tall building doesn't make much sense here. In some sense this sort of thing is necessary before we can begin to get very tall buildings. 

And I for one still remember when, except for two peculiar buildings, all the buildings in midtown were two to four stories tall. 

Although I agree with what you are saying, I would like to point out that this is Houston and plopping down tall buildings in random areas are what we do.

The Williams tower, AIG building and others.

But like I said, I do agree with you. This will help transform the area which will hopefully result in taller and taller buildings. 

My dream for midtown has always been a sea of 12 storey buildings with a string of 30 to 50 storey buildings along main from downtown to Herman Park. 

There's so much empty or decay around this project. Hopefully more deals can get going in this area

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HoustonIsHome said:

Although I agree with what you are saying, I would like to point out that this is Houston and plopping down tall buildings in random areas are what we do.

The Williams tower, AIG building and others.

But like I said, I do agree with you. This will help transform the area which will hopefully result in taller and taller buildings. 

My dream for midtown has always been a sea of 12 storey buildings with a string of 30 to 50 storey buildings along main from downtown to Herman Park. 

There's so much empty or decay around this project. Hopefully more deals can get going in this area

Yeah this project along with The Innovation District are going to change this area dramatically. You are already getting a better urban vibe from West Alabama to Holman towards HCC. And further down around McGowen. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah this project along with The Innovation District are going to change this area dramatically. You are already getting a better urban vibe from West Alabama to Holman towards HCC. And further down around McGowen. 

I bet the stretch of Richmond just west of The Ion on  the other side of the spur will start developing next. It seems like just about every storefront on that stretch of Richmond between the spur and Montrose Blvd is vacant, and I have a feeling it’s due to the crummy conditions on the Wheeler side. Once that area improves, I think this pocket of Montrose will also explode.

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 6