Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

• 1 month later...

Kanau Sushi, the concept from Mike Lim (formerly Tobiuo), is now in its soft-opening phase at Drewery Place in Midtown (2850 Fannin St.). A full opening is set for January 4. Kanau offers contemporary Japanese food with table-side preparations and omakase options. Look for uni flights, “the tuna breakdown” in which Lim will cut a tuna into multiple dishes for guests, and French-infused cold dishes. It’ll be open from 4 to 10 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday, from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.

https://kanausushi.com

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Building

Inspired by nature and the waterways of Houston, Fitzroy Residences towers 32 stories high — and houses 191 condominiums, plus hotel rooms and amenities. The exterior features waves of curvy slabs, while the interior reflects Midtown’s fresh and urban feel.

Anticipated ground breaking mid-2021. Estimated completion date late 2023.

bgnEGVf.png

Link: https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/01/15/caydon-announces-condo-hotel-project.html

This from Houston Business Journal? There's also some more information about the full development in the article. 

Types of Units and Cost

16 studios with an average size of 567 square feet, starting at $279k

128 one bedroom ranging from 630 to 1099 square feet, starting at $285k 

86 two bedroom ranging from 1107 to 2167 square feet, starting at $730k

4 three-bedroom penthouses ranging from 1686 to 2234 square feet, starting at $1.45 million.

rest of project 

In addition to Drewery Place and the Fitzroy Residences hotel-condo project, Laneways will ultimately include three more high-rise apartment towers with space for retail.

I don't know if this is new news, but it's a good reassurance that they're still planning to build the other towers. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

I was thinking more in terms of feet. Maybe 350' ?

It was 390' going off of the massing chart, so it should be pretty substantial in comparison to the surrounding area. It will eventually be dwarfed by the 3 others towers in this development if I got my expectations in check, to bad this part was shrunk due to what I suspect is a horrible period for hotels. 

• Like 6

I’m glad to see big projects kicking off.  Been a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally long time since last March with very little actually starting up here in town.  Here is hoping we continue to see proposed projects start-up!

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, hindesky said:

Building

Inspired by nature and the waterways of Houston, Fitzroy Residences towers 32 stories high — and houses 191 condominiums, plus hotel rooms and amenities. The exterior features waves of curvy slabs, while the interior reflects Midtown’s fresh and urban feel.

Anticipated ground breaking mid-2021. Estimated completion date late 2023.

bgnEGVf.png

Love the balconies/handrails.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, arche_757 said:

I’m glad to see big projects kicking off.  Been a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally long time since last March with very little actually starting up here in town.  Here is hoping we continue to see proposed projects start-up!

Has there really been that much of a slow-down?  It seems like we've had projects starting up pretty regularly all through the pandemic.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Has there really been that much of a slow-down?  It seems like we've had projects starting up pretty regularly all through the pandemic.

A number of projects that were originally going to start a year ago have been pushed to this year. TMC3, this building, and one might expect East River would have started last year if market conditions were better. Also the Madison Marquette building on Jensen seems to have been a casualty of the pandemic. Then you have some downtown hotel projects in limbo, like the Moxy and the W. Nonetheless, I will admit that the market is weathering this better than I expected.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Two Hermann Place got pushed into limbo by the pandemic, and others that were seemingly moving forward such as Amcal Midtown also lost their footing.

• Like 2

I’d say there has most certainly been a slowdown.  It’s not like the city was experiencing a boom prior to the pandemic.  Perhaps it’s just from my experience within my own office, which has seen layoffs and countless projects either canceled or postponed.  There were a number of foreign backed preliminary developments that just vanished.  Future work getting pulled out from under you is doom for an architectural office.

Maybe you’ve been busy?  I have not.  I know that is the case for a large number of design firms.

Seeing these bigger projects that were paused for almost a year come back online gives me confidence -and hope- that we will continue to see new development.

• Like 6

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Caydon-launches-Melbourne-inspired-condo-tower-in-15884504.php

Melbourne-based Caydon is moving ahead with the second phase of its Laneways development in Midtown with the launch of the Fitzroy Residences, a 32-story tower at 2701 Main St. that will bring 191 condo units and a 190-room boutique hotel by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

The project, announced in March 2019, is tentatively slated to break ground across from Midtown Park this summer and could be completed by the end of 2023, according to Caydon. The company is opening a sales office after delaying the launch due to COVID. The groundbreaking was initially set for early 2020.

Caydon's first U.S. project, the 27-story Drewery Place apartments with ground-floor retail, opened in 2019. Named for the alleyways lined with cafes, restaurants, shops and street art in urban Melbourne, Laneways will contain 2.5 million square feet in five buildings on three city blocks bordered by Main, Fannin, Tuam and McGowan.

"We’ve already had a successful sales period during our friends and family phase, which has proven there’s a demand for more attainable luxury condos in Midtown, as well as those interested in locating from the outer suburbs into larger units and wanting to live in hybrid building that offers a resort-style lifestyle," Emma Alexander, Caydon's director of sales and marketing and acting COO, said in an email.

gallery_medium.jpg

The project, which is being marketed by Jacob Sudhoff, CEO of Douglas Elliman Texas, is on the Metro Rail line between downtown Houston and the Texas Medical Center along the emerging Innovation Corridor. It will contain 16 studios, 128 one-bedroom homes from 630 to 1,099 square feet, 86 two-bedroom units from 1,107 to 2,167 square feet and four three-bedroom penthouses from 1,686 to 2,243 square feet.

Planned amenities include coworking spaces, a meditation room, yoga and fitness deck, two outdoor swimming pools, a fitness center, concierge service, catering kitchen and dining facilities. Kimpton will operate a restaurant on the ground floor and a pool bar on the podium level.

The 558,056-square-foot building will be north of Drewery Place, 2850 Fannin. Hotel rooms will be on floors 10 through 18, above the lobby, five levels of parking, and three floors of condo and hotel amenities.

• Like 9

• The title was changed to Australian Developer Planning Five High-Rises For Midtown
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CREguy13 said:

Also love seeing they'll have a Green Wall covering at least one side of the parking podium.

I always love seeing green walls and roof tops in other cities.   Is it cost/climate or both that prevents more of these in Houston?

• Like 1