Coog's Crossing: Mixed-Use Development At 4001 Gulf Fwy.

Scharpe St Guy

There's that last bit of warehouse still holding on for dear life for a while now. Someone asked me if it was going to be apart of the project.

I'm a big confused. So we're getting a big apartment complex with some retail/gas station pad sites? Not a giant parking lot sea with a big box store? All of my neighbors are convinced a Burlington Coat Factory is going here.

• Like 2

an old friend was a civil engineer, he did a survey on the foundation for the Fingers building. He said that foundation was so thick that after a nuclear war, the only things that would be left behind would be cockroaches and that slab. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

an old friend was a civil engineer, he did a survey on the foundation for the Fingers building. He said that foundation was so thick that after a nuclear war, the only things that would be left behind would be cockroaches and that slab. 

You need a pretty thick slab to keep the old baseball stadium buried

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Ah okay, I see on their site the Ross and Burlington portion were nixed. 

From what I recall, Lovett seems to just randomly list retailers as tenants on site plans to generate interest without any sort of agreement in place. They did the same thing when they used Sprouts on the site plan and renderings for the old Houston Post building on Polk. 

Maybe someone involved in commercial real estate could further elaborate?

2 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

From what I recall, Lovett seems to just randomly list retailers as tenants on site plans to generate interest without any sort of agreement in place. They did the same thing when they used Sprouts on the site plan and renderings for the old Houston Post building on Polk. 

Maybe someone involved in commercial real estate could further elaborate?

I think that's a pretty standard practice among retail project developers.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:35 PM, Houston19514 said:

I think that's a pretty standard practice among retail project developers.

I feel like the vast majority of developers use generic business names for proposed site plans and renderings when some or all tenants have not been confirmed. Lovett is the only one I can think of offhand that uses the names of real companies in site plans when no agreement is apparently in place.

For instance, the Houston Post project on Polk had Sprouts in the original renderings (which caused a bunch of excitement in a neighborhood in desperate need of another grocery store), and a later site plan featured a Walgreens I believe. Neither are going forward.

Lovett does this all the time, but it is definitely not normal. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2020 at 8:54 AM, ljchou said:

Any idea why they left part of the former finger's building on the northeast corner of the property?

My guess is the developer is going to reuse that part of the warehouse that was saved. Either they have a client in mind or is marketing it as a selling feature. It looks over-engineered with those massive steel trusses not to mention the ceiling clearance is somewhere around 70' 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 3:39 PM, Arternative said:

My guess is the developer is going to reuse that part of the warehouse that was saved. Either they have a client in mind or is marketing it as a selling feature. It looks over-engineered with those massive steel trusses not to mention the ceiling clearance is somewhere around 70' 

I hope it will be a cool rooftop bar/entertainment venue 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, phillip_white said:

Huge piles of dirt down the center of the site and formwork in place to pour an entry road off Cullen.

Yeah, they've been working on hard on that mountain of dirt that has been sitting there.

Glad to see activity again. Plus they broke up the median on Cullen and looks like they'll put a turn lane for people trying to connect to 59. No more breaking the law!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily & Retail By Lovett Commercial
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think these renders have been posted on here yet from Lovett's website. Looks like they'll build behind the existing facade facing Cullen and also add an indoor garage and a perhaps second story office-space. The middle building along the i-45 frontage also says "Starbucks".

cullen1.JPG

cullen2.JPG

cullen3.JPG

cullen4.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Fingers Acreage Sold
  • 1 month later...