Coog's Crossing: Mixed-Use Development At 4001 Gulf Fwy.

Scharpe St Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, HNathoo said:

There is a Chick-Fil-A currently being built a few exits south at Woodridge and I-45. Wouldn't shock me to see one here as well.

there's already one at Wayside/45.

I know my wife goes there frequently, but I don't know how many others go there that the area should support 2 new locations?

I know this will be huge for UH students though.

the Starbucks makes sense too (also from a UH student commuter standpoint).

I hadn't seen that the Shipley HQ was coming here (I clearly need to follow this thread more closely), that's exciting, but also fattening, while I would normally say my body is ready, I'm not sure if it is actually ready, but it's awesome news for the area.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Fingers Furniture Location - Cullen Blvd. I-45 South
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Coog's Crossing - 3895 Gulf Freeway - Multifamily & Retail By Lovett Commercial
  • The title was changed to Finger Furniture At Cullen Blvd. & I-45 South
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

What a disaster other than the student housing I guess. We had a great opportunity to build dense with no parking requirements. None of these parcels have any infrastructure for pedestrians, just cars.Ā 

The developments in Houston have been very abysmal honestly. Most major sites are being developed as either HUGE gas stations or strip centers with a sea of parking facing the street. The only thing Houston has really done is remove parking mandate in midtown and create market based parking in EADO, while the majority of Houston is left exactly the same.Ā 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

The developments in Houston have been very abysmal honestly. Most major sites are being developed as either HUGE gas stations or strip centers with a sea of parking facing the street. The only thing Houston has really done is remove parking mandate in midtown and create market based parking in EADO, while the majority of Houston is left exactly the same.Ā 

That's why I don't get why the developer of this project couldn't have used better judgement in the layout and use of the land. If the goal is 2030 to remove all parking mins, then that's too long. I say no later than 2025, and I'm being kind.Ā 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Houston is like those old cartoons where the background repeats every few seconds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, jmitch94 said:

Houston is like those old cartoons where the background repeats every few seconds.

Thereā€™s a scene in the Big Bang theory where theyā€™re in ā€œHoustonā€ driving and itā€™s the same background on a loop behind them.Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Finger Furniture At 4001 Gulf Fwy.
  • 4 weeks later...