Coog's Crossing: Mixed-Use Development At 4001 Gulf Fwy.

Scharpe St Guy

Truth is difficult for whom??? Do you read any of your little one-line replies after you post them? I swear, half the time they make little sense.

those not wanting to drive out to that neighborhood. didn't you quote that?

Edited by musicman

• 10 months later...

they never tore the building down because the foundation is so thick that not even a nuke would break it apart

a bud of mine did a structural survey on the place right after Fingers closed the first time. He was amazed at how overengineered the place was

When my mother lived on Lake Waco when she was very young, her family lived in a house that was supposed to be a real house but only the basement was built, so the basement was literally like a bunker with a (presumably) sunken door and one-foot-thick concrete walls.

I'm sure that it's still probably there under Lake Waco where they flooded it to build a dam.

• 1 year later...

The one where Buff Stadium used to sit. Fingers is going to move the sports memorabilia to two other existing stores. I remember shopping there years ago. But it seems like we never actually bought anything there - they were always too pricey.

http://blog.chron.co...-freeway-store/

No kidding they were pricy... I was looking for a bookcase... a simple bookcase... they wanted $900 for that? #@^$ no!

We laughed and started walking out when the salesman pointed out another bookcase for.... $600!!! #*@* no!

He became offended when my wife said that those prices are astronomical and tried to mouth off to her. #*$& no!

I put my beer down, threw my cigarette aside, grabbed him and forced him to apologize. We left. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

closing again?

I know the Macy's warehouse has been for sale for at least a year, and now this is too? are they certain they can sell it in 2 months?

I guess they already have someone ready to move in, they're just finalizing negotiations. interesting.

As stated in the article, Finger Furniture does not own the building.

No kidding they were pricy... I was looking for a bookcase... a simple bookcase... they wanted $900 for that? #@^$ no!

We laughed and started walking out when the salesman pointed out another bookcase for.... $600!!! #*@* no!

He became offended when my wife said that those prices are astronomical and tried to mouth off to her. #*$& no!

I put my beer down, threw my cigarette aside, grabbed him and forced him to apologize. We left. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

LOL nice. I would've done the same. Not the same Fingers store it used to be. Kind of a shame. I say rebuild Buff Stadium for the Lastros so we can put a real pro team in the JuiceBox. jk jk GO STROS!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I bet it will be pad sites fronting the feeder road (drive-thru banks and fast food joints) with maybe a strip mall thrown in o boot and Townhomes in the back. Residential actually makes perfect sense right there. It's happening all around that site so why not there too?

• 4 months later...