sevfiv

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

This is going to get so much foot traffic because people are going to come just to drink coffee on the roof. It will def become a social media worthy place to take pics. 

X-150.png

^^^ actually, i would like to venture forth just to try my luck with those awesome stairs...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, talltexan83 said:

I'm still not clear how access will work to this development when using the trails along Buffalo Bayou?  It's a shame they couldn't include some stairs or a ramp that would come up under Franklin St.  Seems like it could be a nice gateway to the project.

Bagby is getting a redesign that will add a new cycle and pedestrian zone, but it stops at Franklin. Maybe it could be extended by the developers? Only real access point is via George Bush Monument across the street.

A ramp bypassing Franklin would have been great though. 

This should be done by the end of 2021:

mqqkeSW.png

• Like 9

Franklin itself could really stand to be redone. There's no reason for it to be anywhere near as wide as it is. It's not on the Bike Plan, but throwing some protected bike lanes on there would really help with circulation between the trails and the surface streets. Some street trees would also be nice. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, wilcal said:

Bagby is getting a redesign that will add a new cycle and pedestrian zone, but it stops at Franklin. Maybe it could be extended by the developers? Only real access point is via George Bush Monument across the street.

A ramp bypassing Franklin would have been great though. 

This should be done by the end of 2021:

mqqkeSW.png

Thanks! I had forgotten about the Bagby redesign.......that is great news and should offer some nice continuity for those bikers along the bayou looking to access the Post HTX.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, talltexan83 said:

I'm still not clear how access will work to this development when using the trails along Buffalo Bayou?  It's a shame they couldn't include some stairs or a ramp that would come up under Franklin St.  Seems like it could be a nice gateway to the project.

This development is new. It will def evolve.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kbates2 said:

Anybody think that they are ever going to fix the broken section of the bayou trail/bike path right by here?

I asked at one point almost a year ago and it was basically a "we don't have the money allotted to fix it" situation. Pretty sad tbh. 

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Fortune said:

Build a parking garage. . . 

There are at least 5 public garages within 5 blocks of this project. Houstonians should realize they don't always have to park directly at the thing they're going to, and it's not always going to be free.

Edited by jermh
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

huge parking lots are required in a development like this. The concert venue going inside is a 5000 seater, there's not enough parking in the area when you add in the needs of the theater district.

FWIW, the last I saw, the concert venue is planned for a later phase, along with a planned hotel conversion of the office tower.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

huge parking lots are required in a development like this. The concert venue going inside is a 5000 seater, there's not enough parking in the area when you add in the needs of the theater district.

when they did day for night, there was no on site parking, and way more than 5000 people in attendance. 

I'm sure phase1 retains the surface lots, but I'd guess future phases will include a parking structure to replace at least one of the surface lots, and the other surface lots will be replaced with usable space.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jermh said:

There are at least 5 public garages within 5 blocks of this project. Houstonians should realize they don't always have to park directly at the thing they're going to, and it's not always going to be free.

I’ve been trying to say that as well. Like I get the “inconvenience” some people feel. But I only have real sympathy for those with handicaps. Otherwise walking a block or two shouldn’t be an issue. ESPECIALLY downtown. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

^^^ between you, me, and the walls, it's been announced here, and the name of it is in the image above.

This is the instagram page for Post Houston that puts up updates, renderings, vendor ads, etc. every day. The picture seems to be of the eastern side of the building, under the farm portion of the roof. I haven’t seen what’s going in that portion l.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kbates2 said:

This is the instagram page for Post Houston that puts up updates, renderings, vendor ads, etc. every day. The picture seems to be of the eastern side of the building, under the farm portion of the roof. I haven’t seen what’s going in that portion l.

I think it's the Concert/music venue?

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

I got to work the Bjork Digital installation...and met her that way. It really was an incredible experience seeing all these cool innovative ways to experience her music and visuals...the virtual reality room and video blew my mind

me and another worker did sneak away to watch her dj set but wish it would have been a vocal performance as well! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...