sevfiv

Post will sink or swim regardless of what anyone on here wants or thinks.

I do think that OMA has done a tremendous job with what was a very nondescript building.  I actually find it a much better repurposed building (overlooking projected uses) than what is happening in Midtown with sHoP at the ion.  (Obviously I love that the old Sears is being turned into something for the greater good, and I’m thrilled to see what will come from ion… just architecturally they’re not really equal.)

In fantasy world: I think I kind of would rather have seen Post & ion swap places…?

• Like 6

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cloud713 said:

https://fb.watch/7ov0gp_ZLo/

The last 30 seconds they talk about potentially adding residential and/or office developments on the surface lot spaces, and more connections to the bayou/city in the future.

I also noticed this on a Facebook ad. Hoping 713 Music Hall isn’t the official name, but saw there are 5 other concerts scheduled in addition to the 2 Rufus shows.

http://713MusicHall.com

Wonderful plans and design. My only fear is location. Unless some shuttle is provided the number of office workers going there for lunch is going to be minimal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Wonderful plans and design. My only fear is location. Unless some shuttle is provided the number of office workers going there for lunch is going to be minimal.

Even if it's not a DT business lunch spot destination I think this area generally is going through a lot of change and all of the developers are mindful about each others interconnect.  The push to connect decent trails out to east river, its already a direct connect to Washington, the flip of the neighboring warehouse district including in it additional res units, the expansion of UHD, the apartments getting crammed in from hardy yards to north Eado, the additional res towers in DT, the gorgeous new bagby trail. The north canal simplifying that connection between these previously mentioned areas of activity. 4 months out of the year its a bit hot but people often forget that Houston for the rest of the year is really mild (excluding occassional 2 wk mega disasters like harvey or freezes - but that would apply to any venue at all).

(also if it happens, east river at one point mentioned running a ferry to the landing, even if they don't it still speaks they are pretty aware of this being some sort of future urban activity corridor)

They've got the parking for events and suburbanites traveling in but I don't think the long game depends on it.

Edited by Two
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, cloud713 said:

https://fb.watch/7ov0gp_ZLo/

The last 30 seconds they talk about potentially adding residential and/or office developments on the surface lot spaces, and more connections to the bayou/city in the future.

I also noticed this on a Facebook ad. Hoping 713 Music Hall isn’t the official name, but saw there are 5 other concerts scheduled in addition to the 2 Rufus shows.

http://713MusicHall.com

I'm pretty sure 713 Music Hall is the official name.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Does anyone on the this forum know what it would take structurally to convert to rail? I’m assuming some additional supports? 

Structurally it is probably not too bad, but you would have to build a new HOV/HOT setup for cars.

There really haven't been too many BRT to LRT conversions, but generally the only money "saved" is from not needing to acquire new ROW. Here is a post from Ottawa doing their conversion. TLDR: better to spend conversion money on a new line elsewhere and not worth shutting the BRT line down while conversion takes place. 

• Like 3

I know busses are a lot less sexy than rail (and I do love rail) but true BRT systems can be really great and if anyone hasn't looked up some of the really impressive systems in places like Bogota then I'd definitely recommend it.  I was blown away when I visited to see how extensive the system was and how many people were using it.  Also the lower per-mile cost could be very important for building out a full system in an expansive city like Houston.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, KirbyDriveKid said:

I know busses are a lot less sexy than rail (and I do love rail) but true BRT systems can be really great and if anyone hasn't looked up some of the really impressive systems in places like Bogota then I'd definitely recommend it.  I was blown away when I visited to see how extensive the system was and how many people were using it.  Also the lower per-mile cost could be very important for building out a full system in an expansive city like Houston.

Exactly! Also let's not forget that the city is extending the light rail to North Shepherd and Hobby Airport. I could see Washington Avenue with light rail in the near future.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wilcal said:

Structurally it is probably not too bad, but you would have to build a new HOV/HOT setup for cars.

There really haven't been too many BRT to LRT conversions, but generally the only money "saved" is from not needing to acquire new ROW. Here is a post from Ottawa doing their conversion. TLDR: better to spend conversion money on a new line elsewhere and not worth shutting the BRT line down while conversion takes place. 

The only reason to do an upgrade would be if capacity exceeds the mode of transit. Its the only reason why I'm fine with this initially being BRT or future extensions to Houston transit being BRT. Its a great way of introducing transit while on a tight budget while at the same time you are introduce/reintroducing mass transit to population that previously rarely used it. We won't know the full effectiveness of this corridor until TCR finishes its HSR project.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Luminare said:

The only reason to do an upgrade would be if capacity exceeds the mode of transit. Its the only reason why I'm fine with this initially being BRT or future extensions to Houston transit being BRT. Its a great way of introducing transit while on a tight budget while at the same time you are introduce/reintroducing mass transit to population that previously rarely used it. We won't know the full effectiveness of this corridor until TCR finishes its HSR project.

Man this thing is going to explode when it’s built. The same for Richmond Ave. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Man this thing is going to explode when it’s built. The same for Richmond Ave. 

Will see. Richmond should be a great line because it hits a lot of key areas people want to or need to go. The Katy Corridor needs more time. If they were to extend it deeper into the suburbs later than it could work or when HSR is completed. There a few here in Utah like in Provo which seem to be a big success. I think another one is going up in Ogden at some point. I know SLC is looking into BRT for expansion efforts. LRT is still a better long term option, but ridership in general needs to increase in these cities to even begin the conversation of more rail at this point. Same goes for Houston.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A ramen concept has likely signed on as a tenant for Post Market, the food hall and market at Post Houston, 401 Franklin.

Ramen Moto, a ramen concept from Mike Tran (Tiger Den), is possibly opening here. Tran previously announced Ramen Moto would join his other restaurants at the Yun-Lin Center in Asiatown. That could still be a possibility (I don't know because I haven't asked).

However, it appears Ramen Moto will be part of Post Market's food & beverage roster.

Either earlier this week or last week, an entity for Ramen Moto Post HTX was filed, suggesting this may be another food stall tenant for Post Market.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
I'm uncertain if Tran is still involved with Aka, so I removed the restaurant.
  • Like 8

Local small batch craft ice cream parlor Flower & Cream is likely opening a food stall at Post Houston's Post Market.

I haven't received confirmation, but I do know the business is planning another location. If true (and it's very likely it is), this will be their second location in Houston.

Also, some of you may have heard rumors of Turkey Leg Hut possibly opening a food stall at 401 Franklin. It's been rumored for at least two or three years.

I remember reading an Instagram comment about this from someone involved with creating a curated tenant roster for Post Market. Supposedly, Lovett reached out to Turkey Leg Hut to express their interest in the restaurant joining their food hall lineup. It's possible the next round of food stalls and restaurants announced for Post Market may include Turkey Leg Hut.

I also wouldn't count out one or a few more FAM Hospitality concepts. Prior to the last round of food hall announcements this summer, I had a hunch more concepts from Paul Qui & FAM Hospitality were on the way and I was right. Plus it seems Lovett's Kirby Liu is all in on Qui when lots of Houstonians aren't, at least judging from some of his past Instagram posts & photos with Qui (some since deleted).

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

Oh and according to several Instagram food bloggers and vloggers, Post Houston and Post Market will have it's grand opening November 13.

Last week, Lovett Commercial hosted a hard hat tour for influencers. You can scope out the latest build out updates by searching posts tagging Post Houston or posts geotagged at Post Houston.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1