sevfiv

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Maybe it's our grocery store.

We've been talking about HEB coming to downtown. That would be quite a location.

Edit: I do feel though that an HEB would compete with all the small shops/bakeries they had in their earlier renderings though. Might not make too much sense to have them here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, samagon said:

maybe Forever 21?

Maybe Macy's?

another Amazon distribution facility?

The first two stores haven't been expanding for a while. Amazon tends to build distribution centers out in the suburbs and I don't really see any warehouse use here anymore.

• Like 3

Given the description of the different atrium's, the anchor tenant is either a co-working space operator, a food-hall operator, or a music venue operator. Seems like the retail portion is intended to be experimental retail/pop-up shops rather than major tenants (similar to Chelsea Market in NYC). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LBC2HTX said:

Given the description of the different atrium's, the anchor tenant is either a co-working space operator, a food-hall operator, or a music venue operator. Seems like the retail portion is intended to be experimental retail/pop-up shops rather than major tenants (similar to Chelsea Market in NYC). 

I'm just crossing my fingers for a killer techno/house music club.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Luminare said:

I'm just crossing my fingers for a killer techno/house music club.

I think this one will be a music venue but I do know a techno/house club is probably going in another project nearby lol. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Have you been to Bauhaus?  Are you wanting something comparable to what's found in Europe?

Bauhaus is actually similar to something you would find in Europe, just not a club. Its more like a typical Euro Bar you would find in the city or a small town. I liked the look. They play decent House, but the clientele and vibe is more similar to a Euro Bar. If thats what they are going for then fine. It seems to work for them, but its not a club. I certainly would like something similar to what I found during my time in Europe. Doesn't even have to be like a mega club like a Berghain or Tresor, but it is a giant warehouse, and they are drawing inspiration from similar warehouse spaces in Europe. Would be awesome if they could also bring in an actual techno/house venue. Gravity in midtown, when it was open, was probably the closets a place got to being a true techno/house club. Just needed more support, and probably needs to be in a better location.

14 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

Would be amazing. Houston needs to embrace party culture as that’s the only practical way I see to boost tourism and make downtown vibrant. 

It doesn't even need to be exactly the party culture. Houston actually knows how to throw down if you know where to look, but electronic music certainly fits the vibe of the current city. I also hear it a lot in cars, and in bars. I think there is a real untapped market in this town. Not to mention we pull a lot of internationals particularly from Germany and France. We pull a lot of people from Cali and New York, who have great Techno/House scenes. There is a market. Just nobody is filling it.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luminare said:

I certainly would like something similar to what I found during my time in Europe. Doesn't even have to be like a mega club like a Berghain or Tresor, but it is a giant warehouse, and they are drawing inspiration from similar warehouse spaces in Europe. Would be awesome if they could also bring in an actual techno/house venue. Gravity in midtown, when it was open, was probably the closets a place got to being a true techno/house club. Just needed more support, and probably needs to be in a better location.

Club Hyperia where Tout Suite is now was probably my favorite venue.  I went to Gravity a few times but the headliners I wanted to see never aligned with my schedule.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Most of our issues with this is the surrounding parking lots but other than that it’s looking pretty cool. 

If those lots are reserved for future towers why is that bothersome? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, iah77 said:

I think similar to Greenstreet - the success of the project in the near-term, and thereby the chances of those reserved parking lots getting the future towers, is somewhat predicated on having a built-in market which the towers could provide.  I'm still really excited about the project but the towers would just make it cooler and more likely to succeed.

Edited by kbates2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, iah77 said:

Because as of right now that’s just sizzle, we want the steak.

Also, initial expectations and hopes for this particular location were HIGH. Just go back through the begging of this thread. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iah77 said:

The issue is that we do not know what the future plans are for the parking lots. We do not know if it is the developers intention to reserve the parking lots for future towers. 

• Like 4