Houston - Continental Center I
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Center_I 

This post-modern gas chamber inspires suicide and nothingness at every section. Everything looks sterile and as if designed to trap people inside. Sort of ironic considering the only thing this building was known for was being vacant.

Sorry I'll get back to the subject.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 10:41 AM, Triton said:

Ok, I'll admit it, the lighting on 609 is bad. For a new landmark building, it deserves better.

The lighting doesn't seem nearly as bright as I had hoped, but other then that it's not terrible. It could of been cool if they had LEDs along the angles/edges though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Are we sure they are done getting all the LEDs up and running?  

4 hours ago, Tonyhtown said:

All LEDS are not up yet at least not all from the crown.

I saw some lights running the crease from the bottom to the top on the other day... So i know the full lighting scheme has not been implemented just yet.

FYI the lights we saw on a couple days ago are just the cycle through / testing...

Let wait till the building is 'complete' to judge the lighting.

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Avossos said:

I saw some lights running the crease from the bottom to the top on the other day... So i know the full lighting scheme has not been implemented just yet.

FYI the lights we saw on a couple days ago are just the cycle through / testing...

Let wait till the building is 'complete' to judge the lighting.

Yeah, I took some pictures of the recessed "creased" lighting last week, but even that isn't very bright. I hoped/figured they would back the rest of the crown/fins with LEDs, so maybe it will look better once that's done. I just hope they can turn up the brightness.. so far they look more like a dim glow than bright colorful accent lighting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Avossos said:

I know many of y'all seem unimpressed with the lighting, but I personally love the simple and distinctive vertical light strip. Very modern. Very sleek.

I definitely like the light strip, but the lighting on the crown can be greatly improved. Then again, I don't control the budget for this place so maybe that's all we'll get.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...