On 11/14/2016 at 2:30 PM, quietstorm said:

Interesting how the building is dynamic from some views and subtle from others.  Here's a subtle view...

609 Main.png

Couldn't get the best pic while being a distance away, but I came across this view last week on N Memorial Way near the retirement community. I enjoy how the building and its neighbors interact from this angle. Capitol Tower will be a nice addition to this cluster.

My favorite views are from the North Side. At the Fulton rail station, 609 Main is a jaw dropper.

tTFi9mG.jpg

nMZmlT8.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, hindesky said:

According to the Downtown District they will be taking down the tower crane this weekend and are closing Texas Ave and Fannin St around the building from 6pm Fri till 5am Mon.

that will suck for traffic this afternoon, guess I'm leaving a little early today.

• Like 2

I know I've harped on this in the past, but the impact this building will have on the surrounding area will be transformational.  I think we will start to see some high-end hotels in this area of the CBD.  Pennzoil, Capitol Tower, Bank of America, Chase Tower, BG Group Place, and 609 Main are the best assets downtown.  The next 5-10 years will be very exciting.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...