1 hour ago, UtterlyUrban said:

This is a nice building.  Too bad it has all that glass and that dramatic top.  I was hoping for something beige and more akin to the new hotel at Greenstreet or maybe the Hampton Inn.  THOSE buildings are delicious, rich, textural, designs that shock the senses and really make one think: "is beige the new Soylent Green?"

You are kidding? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Are they down to about one pane of glass per day?

was about to ask the same thing.  seems like since they got to the crown, the glass has been almost "on hold" for now.  maybe they are finishing up interior stuff and structure on top before closing it all in at once ?  just a thought.  awesome building though.

That is an amazing Image of two of the most iconic buildings of the early twentieth century Esperson and Gulf Building's juxtaposed with two of the great early twenty first century buildings BG Place and 609 Main. Throw in  a rainbow to boot, and you've got a chamber of commerce Houston First cover material.

• Like 3

This is a fantastic addition to downtown Houston!  Thank you to everyone that took and posted all of the pictures of this beautiful building.  I think it turned out really nice!  I am looking forward to seeing how it will look at night with the lighting - by the way, what is the color of the led lighting going to be?

• Like 2