On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:56 PM, Triton said:

*Click for higher quality*

30415976924_951ff970f5_h.jpg

Downtown Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

Whoever currently owns BG Group Place or whatever it's now called should sue Hines for making their building suddenly look so dull and earthbound. It's like seeing someone in an Armani suit walk up next to someone in khakis and a blazer. Just flatfooted.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Whoever currently owns BG Group Place or whatever it's now called should sue Hines for making their building suddenly look so dull and earthbound. It's like seeing someone in an Armani suit walk up next to someone in khakis and a blazer. Just flatfooted.

What a stupid remark  BG Group Place just got a big lease.  You are not making any sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nativehoustonion said:

What a stupid remark  BG Group Place just got a big lease.  You are not making any sense.

You didn't think I seriously expected someone to file an actual lawsuit, did you? It was a tongue-in-cheek comment on aesthetics.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 5

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:34 PM, hindesky said:

Sidewalk work.

sJFaJo2.jpg

Ideally, ambitiously, one could wish for the sidewalk to extend as far as the orange barriers. A narrow sidewalk where pedestrians huddle away from a five-lane road is not the best solution longterm. But this is progress.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, quietstorm said:

Over the weekend I've been to Dallas and Austin visiting family. Having been in Texas' "top" three cities in such a short span, I'm beginning to appreciate Houston more. Austin is "pretty" and fun, and Dallas is "flashy", but Houston is on another level, imo. 609 Main is a "grown folks" tower, built for the nation's most diverse city, a Texas city that transcends stereotypes and trends.  In comparison, Houston is a "serious" city--serious about industry, healthcare, philanthropy and the arts.  A truly diverse city--as relevant to America's third coast as NY is to the east and LA is to the west. Our congested, messy, always under construction, international, thriving, blue collar but rich, soon-to-be-Super Bowl-host (again) city is amazing in so many ways. I have been guilty of comparing Houston to Dallas and more recently Austin as it "grows up", but I won't do that anymore. Texas is big enough for all, and Houston, I believe is Texas' truly "world-class" city.

^^^ beautifully articulated.  perfectly eloquent....

• Like 8

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, monarch said:

^^^ beautifully articulated.  perfectly eloquent....

Thank you !  I agree totally and couldn't have said it any better !  Let's hope the national media - news, sports, Hollywood, retail, "get's it" soon and realizes what they've all been missing for decades by discounting Houston so much in the past. 

Cheers to HOUSTON !!!

• Like 3