on the construction cam still online for this tower: https://app.oxblue.com/open/Hines/609Main , does anyone know what the construction is for ?  If you look about halfway up the tower and just to the right in the frame.  There is a tall crane with a few floors below under construction.  I don't think this is the HSPVA or the Capitol Tower, am I wrong ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtNsf said:

on the construction cam still online for this tower: https://app.oxblue.com/open/Hines/609Main , does anyone know what the construction is for ?  If you look about halfway up the tower and just to the right in the frame.  There is a tall crane with a few floors below under construction.  I don't think this is the HSPVA or the Capitol Tower, am I wrong ?

That is for the Texaco Building Renovation catty-corner to 609 Main.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Well I went downtown and I did get a photo of the 609 Main building but it didn't really show much of the crown.  That said, it is still just lighting up the two angled upper sections of the crown.  I hope that the following picture I got this evening will make up for my insolence.

Downtown Houston

This is an awesome view.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Well I went downtown and I did get a photo of the 609 Main building but it didn't really show much of the crown.  That said, it is still just lighting up the two angled upper sections of the crown.  I hope that the following picture I got this evening will make up for my insolence.

Downtown Houston

Nice! Wish I could save this.  This picture kinda makes me sad though, knowing that the freeway will be wider and wipe out some of those structures.  How cool would it be if that freeway wasn't there.?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Nice! Wish I could save this.  This picture kinda makes me sad though, knowing that the freeway will be wider and wipe out some of those structures.  How cool would it be if that freeway wasn't there.?

Thanks! PM your email and I'll send you the image

• Like 2

Let's replace that freeway with a gigantic lazy river that has tributaries to the Marriott's Texas pool and the grand swimming hole planned for somewhere near the Buffalo Bayou. Screw you, San Antonio river walk and step aside Comal/Guadalupe/Frio, we've got the I-69 Riverway. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This perspective is kind of unappealing. There are too many holes and a lack of general density. It does show off a lot of our signature towers, which is alright. I've seen it used occasionally and it puzzles me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, htownboy said:

This perspective is kind of unappealing. There are too many holes and a lack of general density. It does show off a lot of our signature towers, which is alright. I've seen it used occasionally and it puzzles me.

One of the main reasons for the gaps is this viewpoint is perpendicular with the grid, so naturally the towers will hide behind one another. You probably already knew that though since your criticism does seem to be directed at the viewpoint itself.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Can't find the skyline update thread any more (I've never had much luck with the search feature on this forum) so I felt like this thread could apply.  The prototypical downtown Houston skyline shot.

Houston at Sunset

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS SHOT, THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS UP FOR US !!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...