3 hours ago, cspwal said:

Ben's beans had a nice sit and hang out vibe - too bad they closed. I think the Dallas street work did them in, and it wasn't the best location to begin with 

That was the other shop I had in mind.  I believe they were probably a year ahead of their time? 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

That was the other shop I had in mind.  I believe they were probably a year ahead of their time? 

They hung on for a while, a few years at least. Had they been able to stay open until Marlowe had opened, I think they could have made it. If the Camden two block project ever goes, it would be a great spot.

• Like 2

On January 23, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Urbannizer said:

I was studying this photo to determine if the vertical panels within the east/west recesses were simply reflecting the sunlight or if LED lighting was being tested during the day. I'm convinced it's LED lighting! 

Also, the intricate exterior detailing on the wider north/south glass curtain wall facades involve so much more than aluminum framing around the individual glass panes. LED strips perhaps? 

I'm thinking (hoping!) this night time lighting will encompass the entire facade similar to Hines' Devon Tower in Oklahoma City - so much more than what  I imagined based on the initial renderings.

I never noticed it before but closer examination of the video renderings posted on their main 609mainattexas.com website indicates flickering light movements over the entire facade. (Or am I imagining things?? lol) 

• Like 1

'Sonian - The glass curtain is much more than just glass and aluminum framing.  There are small vertical metal fixtures that run the full height of the curtain.  These give the surface texture, character and reflective qualities.  But, I didn't notice any light fistures, or electrical wiring involved and certainly nothing was mentioned in the tour.  I doubt that any effect, of the magnitude which you describe, is planned.    

• Like 1

they seem to be pushing to be done before superbowlli

I guess they want to show it off to potential tenants that will be here. I noticed in the lobby this morning that desk staff was being trained at the front desk, so it's really close.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, samagon said:

they seem to be pushing to be done before superbowlli

I guess they want to show it off to potential tenants that will be here. I noticed in the lobby this morning that desk staff was being trained at the front desk, so it's really close.

They look to be ready to open the sidewalks. It might be open-ish next week.

• Like 1