On 8/23/2016 at 9:23 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

Just got back to the area on Sunday to visit my dad and I have to say I was excited to see this building's presence really making an impact. I plan on getting downtown in the next few days, but for now, here are a couple of photos my wife took from my phone driving in...

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

609 LOOKS SO MASSIVE!! This view from the North Fwy is just wow no words....the way it towers over Market Square Tower just wow!! I'll be stopping for the night in Houston before going to El Salvador Tuesday, can't wait to get home and see this in person. I've been gone for tooooo long

• Like 6

14 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

609 LOOKS SO MASSIVE!! This view from the North Fwy is just wow no words....the way it towers over Market Square Tower just wow!! I'll be stopping for the night in Houston before going to El Salvador Tuesday, can't wait to get home and see this in person. I've been gone for tooooo long

Yeah it looks really good from all sides. 

But the Tampa-Stain neighbor is really distracting...

I just realized looking at this map that the corner of Texas and main will have GFR on all four corners - and they're all restaurants. I can't think of any other intersection that's like that except main & congress - maybe I'm forgetting something but it seems significant

Interesting that they are only marketing to restaurants. I guess we have a way to go before can expect standard retail along Main Street (although a big corner space like this in new construction is definitely a step forward).

Shame that there will be a garage entrance and loading docks on Texas Avenue, traditionally downtown's "second street" after Main, and the only street that was originally given extra ROW to be more of a boulevard. Guess you gotta put 'em somewhere.

58 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I presume from the leasing map that the coffee shop space is already leased?

It's a full two blocks as the mole digs to the nearest Starbucks. A practical desert among that many towers, notwithstanding Minuti's proximity.  It would also be situated across the intersection from the Texaco apartments and Club Quarters hotel, reasonably close to HSPVA too, when that's done. .  A good spot for one of their shops, I'd think.

I'm waiting to see what will pop up first to serve the residents around Catalyst, 500 Crawford and Alexan once everyone is moved in and hungry.