500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

There is a prison/jail at the north end of the Fingers project. The white two story turn of the century nondescript building that just seems to hide is actually part of the correctional facilities and is a low level unit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, urbanize713 said:

Although the other side is not as great this is another stunning example as to how parking garages should be covered up. I bet those balconies will see heavy usage during Astros games.

Are the upper balconies high enough to see in to the stadium?

^^^ i guess that the better question would be... are those actual apartments... or just vestibule viewing areas for baseball games??  i would like to know just what those areas are actually used for.... quite cool indeed.  props for the great illustration j_cuevas713...

• 3 weeks later...

Safe to say that's gotta be the Home Plate Bar & Grill buildings that Crane owns. 

Nau Center was supposed to be on the other portion of this lot. Wonder if later development coincides with whatever Houston First does with the rest of the site. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cspwal said:

I thought that a plaza somewhere would be a good idea to take the pressure off the lawn at discovery green - I'm not sure if it would work though

Discovery Green has pressure though, that's a pretty good problem to be having given what we started with over there.  Amazing success story.

• Like 2

http://www.khou.com/money/business/construction-company-fined-for-downtown-scaffolding-collapse/112165058

The Finger Construction Company has been fined for last year’s scaffolding collapse in downtown Houston, according to the website for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The company is facing $6,300 in fines for alleged violations connected to the October 2015 collapse at 500 Crawford St

• Like 1

On 3/31/2016 at 8:37 PM, jmitch94 said:

That bartender is going to have a hard time getting those glasses.  

there will be a button she/he can push that will lower the entire apparatus from the ceiling so she/he can grab a glass. it will then ascend back up. They were going to go with a mechanism to raise the entire floor of the bar interior up, but felt this would be too disorienting for the barkeep and patrons as well.

21 hours ago, Nole23 said:

one month's rent

right, they probably pooled money from their wallets and paid in full when they received that judgement. with lessons like that, errors won't even be made again.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, samagon said:

there will be a button she/he can push that will lower the entire apparatus from the ceiling so she/he can grab a glass. it will then ascend back up. They were going to go with a mechanism to raise the entire floor of the bar interior up, but felt this would be too disorienting for the barkeep and patrons as well.

That's not a thing.

• Like 1

On March 30, 2016 at 1:13 PM, tigereye said:

Safe to say that's gotta be the Home Plate Bar & Grill buildings that Crane owns. 

Nau Center was supposed to be on the other portion of this lot. Wonder if later development coincides with whatever Houston First does with the rest of the site. 

The more I think about my prior post quoted above, the more I begin to imagine Crane & HoustonFirst possibly partnering together for an entertainment & retail development complex here, possibly even including the current Home Plate Bar structures. The Cardinals have Ballpark Live! Philly has XFinity Live! Up north, the Rangers & Arlington are partnering together to build Texas Live! I know we already have a Live! Cornish development at the other end of Texas Ave but in the case of the Cards & Rangers, they do get a cut of profits from these projects. I can see Crane wanting the same. It would also give HoustonFirst even more entertainment & restaurant options they were seeking near GRB. 

"Home Plate Live!" anyone?!? 

Edit: For the Rangers agreement with Arlington for Texas Live!, a breakdown of how they stand to profit from the project. City council approved on 12/16/2015

"If the project succeeds, the city would give the Rangers performance-based incentives including income from property, sales, mixed beverage and hotel occupancy tax for 30 years, according to agenda notes. It also would include hotel occupancy and sales tax income from the state for 10 years"

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015/12/arlington-considering-200-million-proposed-development-near-rangers-ballpark.html/

Edited by tigereye

I drove by over the weekend and noticed chairs on a balcony facing MMP so the southern portion of the building could possibly already be open as it was further along than the northern half. They mentioned that people would start moving in back in March.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 9:02 AM, Nole23 said:

Threw down a deposit for this place. Move in June 1st when my unit is ready. Wow this place is so nice when I went on the tour. The gym is massive and the resident lounge areas are huge with a ton of tvs. They are still working on the sports lunge that overlooks Minute Maid Park at the top and I'm curious how much you can see when the roof is open. The leasing office said that 20+ residents have already moved in and many units that aren't complete yet (included mine) have already been reserved. Residents can also order room service from The Westin across the street and they'll deliver.

A few pictures from the view I'll have.

20160414_121928.jpg

20160414_121931.jpg

Thanks for sharing!  Was wondering what the atmosphere around there was with the baseball season underway.  How i miss my city!