500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

Don't see any signs that are advertising pre-leasing on site just yet. Just looked up their web site http://www.500crawford.com/

Models units opening Jan. 8th 2016

That's great news! If the models are opening, the pre-leasing will likely star t then too? I would imagine that the southern section of the building is much further along than the northern section. And, since the garage is between them, any construction noise on the north section won't be too loud if you are in the south section.

I am very impressed with the thoughtfulness of this development. It integrates into the existing buildings as well as MMP well.

I agree. This development is very well done from an aesthetics point of view. The entire area is now quite cohesive. They could have built beige synthetic stucco boxes (like other notable downtown developments) but instead chose to use materials that are more in keeping with a "historic union station" theme. Well done.

• Like 2

Once the Catalyst and the Alexan is complete this is going to feel so incredible walking around this part of downtown. I know Ive said it before but I must have walked my dog around this area when we lived in the

Wagon Works building for blocks and blocks and we felt like we were on a deserted Island. Once they finished Minute Maid there were at least people around that weren't asking for spare change or asking to borrow

enough money to fix the belt on their car so they could get home to the suburbs, wink wink. Which actually

meant go to the closest place they could to buy a tall boy.

There should be enough people down here with all these coming on board to create the density to add a few

stores and conveniences I hope.

• Like 1

Once the Catalyst and the Alexan is complete this is going to feel so incredible walking around this part of downtown. I know Ive said it before but I must have walked my dog around this area when we lived in the

Wagon Works building for blocks and blocks and we felt like we were on a deserted Island. Once they finished Minute Maid there were at least people around that weren't asking for spare change or asking to borrow

enough money to fix the belt on their car so they could get home to the suburbs, wink wink. Which actually

meant go to the closest place they could to buy a tall boy.

There should be enough people down here with all these coming on board to create the density to add a few

stores and conveniences I hope.

Build it and they will come.  At this time my friends from out of town I tell them to stay at the J. W. Marriott.  I meet them there for drinks.  On the weekends I ride my bike to Niko Niko's.  Cannot wait till the Marriott Marquis is built so I can stay there a weekend in the pool.  Once there are 7,000 residents Downtown it will spur lots of activity.  Remember when Discovery Green was not there?  Well, look what happened.  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Reef-partners-to-open-two-Italian-restaurants-in-6761589.php

Jim Crane will be the owner of the expected Italian restaurant. According to this article, there will not be a diner as discussed here. Both will be Italian restaurants. One casual and one upscale.

Edited by dml423
  • Like 2

On 1/15/2016 at 12:04 PM, dml423 said:

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Reef-partners-to-open-two-Italian-restaurants-in-6761589.php

Jim Crane will be the owner of the expected Italian restaurant. According to this article, there will not be a diner as discussed here. Both will be Italian restaurants. One casual and one upscale.

I wonder how much of that article is correct. It's a little hard to look put much faith in a reporter who writes that this project, which very obviously takes up two full city blocks,"takes up most of a city block."

Edited by Houston19514

Finger Companies next project will be in the Galleria area, whenever the market recovers:

c/o Houston Chronicle:

Q: So what now? What's your next move in Houston?

A: Well, I just made a land acquisition, a very important piece of land in the Galleria and someday I hope to develop on it.

Also, what caused the scaffolding to collapse still seems unclear:

Q: Last October, the scaffolding on a portion of the building collapsed and several people were hurt. What happened?

A: No one knows what caused the scaffolding to collapse. That has not been discovered by the insurance company as far as I know. I feel so very fortunate that there was not loss of life or really any great injuries.

1024x1024.jpg

• Like 5