500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

• 3 weeks later...

The restaurants have a December opening with new names; Kristalla and Osso.

"The dual Italian restaurant concepts being constructed at 500 Crawford in downtown Houston appear to be on track to a December launch. But the restaurants – managed by restaurateurs Bill Floyd and Bryan Caswell – will open with entirely new names: Kristalla and Osso.

When the project was first announced last January the restaurant names were pitched as Brocca and Il Panchina ("pitcher" and "bench" in Italian), nods to the nearby Minute Maid Park and the Houston Astros, owned by Jim Crane who is financing the two dining concepts"

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/New-names-for-two-downtown-Italian-restaurants-9962975.php

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Caswell out as Chef:

Local celebrity chef and restaurateur Bryan Caswell has announced that he will no longer be associated with two forthcoming dining concepts that are being backed by Houston Astros owner Jim Crane.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Bryan-Caswell-no-longer-associated-with-Astros-10613193.php

wonder who will take his place.

• 1 month later...

As much as I love this overall, I can't help but question why this development has gaps in the brick sidewalks, terrible landscaping, and massive signs stuck in the mud that say NOW LEASING. It just seems very suburban for a lack of better words. I walked by today and I hope that over time these minor things settle in nicely to the urban landscape. On a side note, wth is up with Texas Ave??? They need to repave some areas badly. 

• Like 1

Yeah the restaurant build out has definitely hampered the completion of this project - I understand that they would want to wait on that sidewalk until they build the two restaurants (in case they want sidewalk cafes) but it is quite annoying if you want to walk next to the building.

On a side note, I always find it funny when a mid-rise or a high rise is considered suburban - never would have heard that until coming to Houston

Yea i wish they would hurry and finish the restaurants. They told us late summer the day I moved in, then October...November...December... The most frustrating thing is the utilities for the restaurants must not have colluded with the building of the apartments as they have went back and ripped up the sidewalk by the parking garage a couple months ago to install gas lines and CenterPoint is constantly disrupting the power in the entire complex to install generators ect for the restaurants. The power goes out at least once a week. A few weeks ago they were installing a generator near the parking garage entrance and caused a fire knocking out power in the entire complex for the whole weekend so 500 Crawford paid for hotels at the Westin and Hilton Americas for residents to stay and then gave everyone $50 HEB gift cards for groceries. As I type this, the power has already went out twice today..... pretty frustrating...

50 minutes ago, Nole23 said:

Yea i wish they would hurry and finish the restaurants. They told us late summer the day I moved in, then October...November...December... The most frustrating thing is the utilities for the restaurants must not have colluded with the building of the apartments as they have went back and ripped up the sidewalk by the parking garage a couple months ago to install gas lines and CenterPoint is constantly disrupting the power in the entire complex to install generators ect for the restaurants. The power goes out at least once a week. A few weeks ago they were installing a generator near the parking garage entrance and caused a fire knocking out power in the entire complex for the whole weekend so 500 Crawford paid for hotels at the Westin and Hilton Americas for residents to stay and then gave everyone $50 HEB gift cards for groceries. As I type this, the power has already went out twice today..... pretty frustrating...

Apartment Search List

• 500 Crawford
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...