GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

The bridges are very wide. When you have a chance C2H, stand under them on San Jacinto. You really do get a better appreciation of their width from that vantage point.

Today I saw the bridge underneath Fannin as you suggested. I must say it was alot wider than it was when I first saw it. I think they've been adding on alot over the last couple of weeks.

They're using support structures right now... it won't look the same when it's closer to completion. This is going to be ridiculously cool!! It's so nice to see that the most aggressive shopping/retail project in Houston right now is for the downtown.

Personal update... I just found an apartment in Eastwood, so I'll be like 3 mins from downtown!!!!!!!!

Edited by totheskies

i was at the site yesterday and watched them put up support beams for the bridge over Fannin. I talked to a worker there, and he said that both of the bridges would have retail (over Fannin and San Jac). and that there was a third bridge going to the garage (over Polk) that I believe will be ped only from what he said. He was Safety for crane ops.

I talked to a worker there, and he said that both of the bridges would have retail (over Fannin and San Jac). and that there was a third bridge going to the garage (over Polk) that I believe will be ped only from what he said. He was Safety for crane ops.

Not while YOU were distracting him

I happen to do a bit of snooping (but I'm nosey) and I heard that McCormick & Schmick is opening up a new location. But I couldn't quite place where they were talking about. They mentioned "stadium downtown" but that could be MMP or TC. I don't see any place available near MMP OR TC and hinted at a stand alone.

Anyone have any info on this?

EDIT: To add to the confusion, supposedly they are "breaking ground" or opening by the third quarter.

Edited by ricco67

This will be a great place for after work drinks and oysters.

We need more after-work choices. Last week we blew $700 at the downtown Morton's and it was terrible.

I had to tell the cook it was low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? The steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it.

http://www.killerclips.com/clip.php?id=67&qid=574

I've only been to the one at Baltimore Harbor prior to seeing the ballgame near by. It was really swank! Outside seating with views of the whole skyline and water.

I know people have a bad image of Baltimore (the Houston of the east coast???), but I really like the inner harbor area...I guess HBO's "the Wire" doesn't help much....

Did M&S start in Baltimore? I know they are famous for their crabcakes, which are soooooo good...they also have excellent happy hour drink and appetizer prices, so it should be a great place for after work Coog!!!

I know people have a bad image of Baltimore (the Houston of the east coast???), but I really like the inner harbor area...I guess HBO's "the Wire" doesn't help much....

Did M&S start in Baltimore? I know they are famous for their crabcakes, which are soooooo good...they also have excellent happy hour drink and appetizer prices, so it should be a great place for after work Coog!!!

I just remember that the dining area was vast and had large tables with white table cloths and real china and silverware (not plastic). There were numerous doors opening out to the outdoor area with many tables and well it was just elegant. Maybe it has changed since not sure. Website should describe its humble beginnings. We just walked to Camden Yards to see the Orioles play. :D

Lets all take next flight out!

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/index....ay&pageID=1

Edited by Vertigo58

I thought they started in Seattle.

Edit: Just checked their website. Turns out they started in Portland:

"The history of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants began when Bill McCormick purchased Jake's Famous Crawfish Restaurant located in Portland, Ore., and brought the more than 100-year-old landmark back to life.

Part of the managerial talent McCormick tapped was Doug Schmick, a management trainee. The two formed a partnership in 1974, creating Traditional Concepts, a precursor to today's McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants. In 1979, they opened the original McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Portland, Ore. Since that time, the company has expanded to more than 50 restaurants across the country."

Edited by Houston19514