GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I don't know how you missed it, it's there, right in the center.

There used to be 3 empty lots in it's place.

This photo I took a year ago show how it used to look when those lots were empty (left side).

184961169_660778c88b_b.jpg

Edited by Jax

I can't see it either. lol I think they were joking, because the photo is so amazing, your not looking for the pavillions, your just looking at the skyline.

No. The Pavilions is the blackest building in that photo, except for the roofs of some buildings. It's in the center towards the left.

someone told me an Apple store is coming to downtown. This is the only place where i can see them opening up. any word?

I looked it up on the ifoapplestore.com(main rumor site) of any future Houston stores, and the only one coming up would be at Willowbrook Mall...if they can have one why can't downtown?!?...I think it would be a hit with all the convention visitors and business people downtown.

someone told me an Apple store is coming to downtown. This is the only place where i can see them opening up. any word?

I mentioned that would be a cool a long time ago, and although doubt it would happen, I think it would be awesome. It would give all of us Rice/UT/Baylor/UH/etc students a closer place to get our Apple fix than the Galleria! :) I would definitely go to an Apple store downtown over the Galleria any day.

I mentioned that would be a cool a long time ago, and although doubt it would happen, I think it would be awesome. It would give all of us Rice/UT/Baylor/UH/etc students a closer place to get our Apple fix than the Galleria! :) I would definitely go to an Apple store downtown over the Galleria any day.

i agree. i bet a large percentage of midtown residents use apple computers compared to the rest of the Dell using houston residents.

i agree. i bet a large percentage of midtown residents use apple computers compared to the rest of the Dell using houston residents.

I'm a big time Apple user. Before that, I was a linux nerd. An Apple store downtown would be awesome. I hate driving to the Galleria.

I would hope that the HP will capitalize on the fact that a lot of people would rather go downtown to shop than the Galleria. I don't see HP as much of a threat for quite a few years, but imagine how nice it would be to be able to park anywhere along or near Main Street and take the red line up to HP to buy whatever cool things that you might need. Not having to deal with traffic around the Galleria sounds like a legitimate marketing ploy to me.

Edited by Mister X

Since we are wishing for stores in HP...I would like the following even though I submitted the request to HP and they did not respond:

Nike Store

H&M

Virgin Records

Apple Store

Roots

and last but not least.....

Trader Joes

THere is no chance in hell that any of these stores will come to HP or even to Houston, but it was worth a shot....

Since we are wishing for stores in HP...I would like the following even though I submitted the request to HP and they did not respond:

Nike Store

H&M

Virgin Records

Apple Store

Roots

and last but not least.....

Trader Joes

THere is no chance in hell that any of these stores will come to HP or even to Houston, but it was worth a shot....

H&M would be awsome!! I love shopping there when I go up to the Northeast. :wub:

Trader Joes and 3 Buck Chuck!

That would be pretty cool.

I'd like to see how Spec's Warehouse would fare or see if there is enough business for the both of them.

I would imagine people Some office workers, and some local midtowners would give them a pretty good amount of business.

Spec's would is better known and would (I feel) imagine that they would keep the majority of midtown, Montrose, River oaks base by the other selections that Spec's offers.

that's why it's called family dollar.

As an aside, I've met and played a few good games of Risk against one of sons of the Levine (pronounced La-VEEN) family, founders and owners of Family Dollar. Due to his humility and average-guy persona (not to mention his gracious acceptance of world domination at my hands), you wouldn't know the guy was an heir to a multimillionaire. They consider one of my former roommates as one of their own sons.

Edited by GovernorAggie