GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, although I have been recently reading many of the posts in the past, since all this recent activity has began to take full steam in downtown. One of the the threads in another post was referenceing the possiblity of American Apparel coming to DT, maybe as a tenant in the old Sakowitzs building. That was a while back ago, since then I haven't even seen the AA poster in the old garage. Sorry if you guys have already discussed this in another thread, but is this deal dead or is this deal postponed temporaily until HP opens up. Anybody have any update on this. Thanks!

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, although I have been recently reading many of the posts in the past, since all this recent activity has began to take full steam in downtown. One of the the threads in another post was referenceing the possiblity of American Apparel coming to DT, maybe as a tenant in the old Sakowitzs building. That was a while back ago, since then I haven't even seen the AA poster in the old garage. Sorry if you guys have already discussed this in another thread, but is this deal dead or is this deal postponed temporaily until HP opens up. Anybody have any update on this. Thanks!

Their website says 1111 Main St. Coming Winter 07/08, whatever that means.

Their website says 1111 Main St. Coming Winter 07/08, whatever that means.

Yeah I guess winter 07' is out of the question duhhh! You figure that they would at least try to keep their website updated, just to at least give an impression that they give a d-a-r-n.

Oh well I guess a parking garage is better buisiness at this time and it will have to do. Anything is better that an open surface parking lot. Thanks for the info!

Maybe the employees of their Westheimer/Dunlavy story might know of a status.

They run an ad on the back of the Houston Press each week. The ad reads "Downtown Location Coming Soon." However this text has not been on there the past few weeks but that could be for numerous other reasons.

You know, I know we talked about it, but I can't find the conversation of whether they or not they would be able add floors and ad at least one of the elements at a later date.

The residential constraint was and remains parking. One space per bedroom. They don't have another parking garage that they can acquire or build in the vicinity, so don't look for future residential at Houston Pavilions.

I wish the office tower was a little taller than 12 stories

So do they...now. But at the time that they finalized plans for this, downtown Houston's office market was pretty lukewarm.

The residential constraint was and remains parking. One space per bedroom. They don't have another parking garage that they can acquire or build in the vicinity, so don't look for future residential at Houston Pavilions.

So do they...now. But at the time that they finalized plans for this, downtown Houston's office market was pretty lukewarm.

Yeah, that's a shame... I guess we'll have to suck up YET ANOTHER SURFACE LOT, and have mixed use office and residential.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone catch the Channel 11 news this evening?

They said the developers of Houston Pavilions want to install video screens similar to Times Square on the side of the project facing Main Street to create more of a buzz in the area. They had a city council meeting on it today and city council is worried that it will cause a disturbance to the downtown residents that already live there at night.

No final decision has been made as of yet but it said they'll keep us posted.

I hope it can happen but i seriously doubt it considering that it rejected Cabbo's signage proposal a few years ago. Can't the downtown residents just close their curtains?

Edited by tierwestah

They said the developers of Houston Pavilions want to install video screens similar to Times Square on the side of the project facing Main Street to create more of a buzz in the area.

Big speakers would be a more efficient way to create a buzz in the area. Speakers or giant hornets.