GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Is it the hotel that is complaining?

reading the post might help

city council is worried that it will cause a disturbance to the downtown residents that already live there at night.

Edited by musicman

reading the post might help

city council is worried that it will cause a disturbance to the downtown residents that already live there at night.

I read the post. My question was which residents since I thought there was only a hotel (I would call them guests not residents). Somebody else already answered my question though.

It would be cool if they could put up some screens, but I would think it would make more sense if they could have it facing Fannin or San Jacinto. That way you could close off a block or two for major events and could run static advertising.

It would be cool if they could put up some screens, but I would think it would make more sense if they could have it facing Fannin or San Jacinto. That way you could close off a block or two for major events and could run static advertising.

Exactly what I was thinking.

It would make TONS more sense to have the screens facing George R., the Hilton, Disco green and Toyota Center, THAT'S where all your foot traffic is coming from.

Who the hell are you attracting having it face Main street? That's like having it face a brick wall, literally.

And the typical H-town let down begins.<br /><br /><br /><br />Lets hope its because Lawrys can't risk it right now and it has nothing to do with projected failure of HP.

Edit: Can someone post the current tenant list from the HP website?

Edited by PuroAztlan

And the typical H-town let down begins.

Lets hope its because Lawrys can't risk it right now and it has nothing to do with projected failure of HP.

I'm somewhat confident that the Pavilions people will have an easy time finding a replacment. With the success of DG and this being so close, I bet there are places happy to see the opportunity come about.

Don't forget Strip House AND Brennan's in midtown.

Lawry's may have caught on to this.

Brennan's doesn't count because it's "far away" in south midtown. There is also the fact that every resturant is almost to capacity downtown in the evenings.

You have (from memory)

Josephines (yuck to me)

Strip House

Morton's

V&A

Typhoon

Massas (I think that's the name and there are two of them)

Mia Bella

17 always seems dead to me,

Bell's and Whistles, I would imagine that it gets overflow from V&A.

Can it support more restuants? I think so

I don't really consider Brennan's to be a competing STEAKHOUSE, do you?

Regarding this deal, would anyone have any insight on how a pre-signed tenant can "pull out" ? If no insight (information specific to this situation), in retail development, what are some specific contractual ways a pre-leased tenant can 'pull out'.... hypotheses, rules-of-thumb, educated guesses, whatever you have...just curious

Then there is also the fact you're increasing the downtown population (Permanent and Transient) and most of them want a place to eat and most of them want some place they can walk to.

If you want to see how much business restaurants do on a weeknight, just go down the freeway and take a peek at them as you whizz by. You will see how absolutely crowded they are.

Then there is also the fact you're increasing the downtown population (Permanent and Transient) and most of them want a place to eat and most of them want some place they can walk to. <br /><br />If you want to see how much business restaurants do on a weeknight, just go down the freeway and take a peek at them as you whizz by. You will see how absolutely crowded they are.

I know, that's why we don't know why Lawry's pulled out.

there's already morton's, vic&anthony's, etc....how many steak places can downtown support?

The only Lawry's I've been to is the original one in Beverly Hills and it's different from Morton's and the other steakhouses. It's all about the Prime Ribs that they serve. If you like Prime Rib, it rules. None of these other places can sniff it. After The Stables and Allen Park Inn closed down, I don't even know where to go to get a good prime rib anymore. Sigh.

There are two Marriott hotels on the same block (Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn) as well as Humble Tower Apartments (80 units), all three of these are in "The Humble Tower Building". The Tower part is where the actual "residence" live.

For the amount of money I pay to live downtown, I don't want to be kept up all night by neon tv screens.

Edited by Daniepwils

Heard from where?

It's listed in the HBJ full article on the Lawry's pull out, also speculated as part of the reason by someone from Orr Commercial. Something on the order of having two steakhouses in that one development might not have been justified for reasons of too much competion.

Also in the article, Bill Denton of HP says that another restaurant has signed the lease for the Lawry's spot, but that it will be announced closer to the opening.