GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Looks like they finished putting up the support for the bridge adjoining the San Jacinto blocks. It left a nice large circular area.

I'll try to take another picture (the few that I took were too blurry to post) tomorrow. This looks like a very solid structure (duh!) and it is going to be interesting on how they're going to finish this portion.

No clue on when they'll start bridging the Fannin Blocks.

No, I'm pretty sure the 65% figure was only relating to retail space.

EDIT: I just looked at the article again. One can't actually be certain what the writer meant to say. It reads as though the overall project, retail and office space is 65% leased. Who knows? (Typical incompetent journalist, sorry). However, I see no reason at all to think that the retail is 100% leased at this point.

The 65% is the retail/restaurant part of HP only. The office space so far has no leases signed. The official word is that they have proposals out for more space than they'll have (200,000 square feet), but that's typical of any new or existing building.

The 65% is the retail/restaurant part of HP only. The office space so far has no leases signed. The official word is that they have proposals out for more space than they'll have (200,000 square feet), but that's typical of any new or existing building.

When the project was first announced, it was said that they had a lease signed for office space for some sort of medical clinic. Has that lease been canceled?

When the project was first announced, it was said that they had a lease signed for office space for some sort of medical clinic. Has that lease been canceled?

The medical clinic tenant has dropped off the rader, is no longer a component of the project.

In driving home tonight, The Reserve had a nice crowd, so I am certain that once the Pavilions opens, it should be in good shape. In addition, from where I work, I have a birds eye view of the construction and they have delivered the windows and glass, so I think the exterior is going to be a mosaic of the prefab/stucco work and windows. I think this HP has a great deal of potential if it can get some more high end retail, originally they had BCBG on the list and if that is true, they could continue to bring some high end retailors that will be a good draw for tourist convention goers and locals that want to go shopping without going to the Galleria. However, I am not certain if you remember but the old Sachowitz building, which is a beautiful piece of work next door to HP and Macy's, has just been sold to an institutional investor and it use to be a Department store, if another department store purchases the old sachowitz building or buys one of the surface lot, then you will have a critical mass in Downtown Houston shopping. Ideally, a Bloomingdale's in DT houston would be fantastic from a strategic perspective. Macy's would own the two largest retail spaces in DT Houston and own the retail market therefore, it could make it a critical mass. In addition with the great economy of Houston it would be an interesting strategy that could be beneficial to Macy's because so far Houston's economy in the nation seems to be holding up strong against the recession.

wat?

The bridge is going to have retail in it, yeah?

No, it's just for people to walk over.

In this weeks Houston Press they have an ad for American Apparel and it says "Downtown Location Coming Soon." Now that the Pavilions is going up they are finally going to get this done!!

That's definitely a good sign!

Aren't there rumors that it was going to go into the Sakowitz building? AP in HP would be awesome, but I think if they took part of the Sakowitz building, it would simply add to the foot traffic to the surrounding buildings and businesses, particularly the Tipping point.

Aren't there rumors that it was going to go into the Sakowitz building? AP in HP would be awesome, but I think if they took part of the Sakowitz building, it would simply add to the foot traffic to the surrounding buildings and businesses, particularly the Tipping point.

It's supposed to go in the Sakowits Building, I hope that's still the plan... I agree it would just enhance that area of Main Street. As great as HP will be, we need things outside of HP, too, to get people walking around.

No. There will indeed be retail on the bridges, not just space for people to walk. The circular parts are the pedestrian bridges. The parts that went up first will be retail, over both Fannin and San Jacinto.

How do you know this? The bridges seem a little small to be able to handle foot traffic and retail.

Have you seen the bridges in person? They seem huge! They just expanded the width of the bridge they built over San Jac as of last week I think. Anyways, I don't have any proof, but after seeing how wide those things are, it doesn't surprise me that they might put retail on them.

The photos don't do them any justice.

Edited by Jax

I found a pretty nice photo that shows HP taking its place in the skyline at night. I took the same photo over a year ago when it was still 3 empty parking lots, and it makes that part of the city look so much better now!

2253633741_ffdedb9352_b.jpg

No. There will indeed be retail on the bridges, not just space for people to walk. The circular parts are the pedestrian bridges. The parts that went up first will be retail, over both Fannin and San Jacinto.

K... I was just going by what it looked like in this picture.

view3_lg.jpg

That could possibly be the Fannin bridge. The San Jacinto one looks a lot more "square". Count me in with those who can vouch for the impressiveness of this thing in person.

Wow. Just wow.

The San Jacinto and Fannin bridges will be essentially identical. Each will have a rectangular portion with retail and a round portion for pedestrian bridges. They will be mirror images of each other. The San Jacinto bridge has the rectangular portion on the north (Dallas) side while the Fannin bridges will have the rectangular portion on the south (Polk)