Montrose Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

Mick

On 12/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, gene said:

I was saying the same thing yesterday to a friend @Texasota

I give this place 3 to 6 months if that...

i want it to succeed but think the name definitely wont help bring in customers...hopefully they will have food that blows people's minds so it can succeed...

I beg to differ. Korny Vibes has a huge following among Houston's vegans. It will last longer than both of its predecessors. How much longer? I can't say for sure, but definitely more than a year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

in good news, Korny Vibes has still been consistently busy...

in funny news, i mentioned to a worker there the other day my comment here about their name and he laughed and said: "have you seen our sign out front (on the building)!? haha!"...

so yeah there is a reason Korny Vibes is barely visible when Vegan Cafe is in huge letters...at least this worker seemed to believe...

smart! ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, midtowndweller said:

The Texadelphia is closed. Smh. I go to that Kroger ever other day and it NEVER looked like people were there. Shocked it stayed open this long.

I tried them 2 times and their cheese steaks were horrible. Griff's has better ones and would like to try Pappa Geno's on lower Westheimer by Osaka.

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

I tried them 2 times and their cheese steaks were horrible. Griff's has better ones and would like to try Pappa Geno's on lower Westheimer by Osaka.

Didn't realize Pappa Geno's had branched out into multiple locations until checking their website just now. I've only been to the first one on Ella, but they do a very respectable cheesesteak. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Juan Mon Sandwich On Taft St.
  • 2 months later...

Bobby Heugel is opening another concept in the former Penny Quarter space (previously home to Etro), 1424 Westheimer Rd, Suite A. It's next door to Anvil located at 1424 Westheimer, Suite B.

It will be a cocktail bar named Refuge. More information and opening timeline on CultureMap.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/05-09-22-refuge-new-bar-montrose-cocktails-anvil-bobby-heugel

Refuge on Instagram: refugecocktails

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to Wendy's Off Westheimer Rd.
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/30/2023 at 5:43 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok has plans for a brick-and-mortar location in Montrose. Has anyone heard anything about a possible brick-and-mortar restaurant? 

ChòpnBlọk is a West African eatery at downtown Houston's POST Market, the food hall and market in POST Houston ( 401 Franklinn St). 

As @BEES?! pointed out in another topic, Eater Houston mentions ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok's plans for a brick-and-mortar restaurant. Although the article doesn't refer to a location, the eatery is opening in the Montrose area. 

An entity for ChopnBlok Montrose was filed with the state a few months ago.

Below is an excerpt from the Eater Houston article:

A second location — a full restaurant intended to be the flagship outpost — is slated to open in Houston in the first half of 2024

https://houston.eater.com/2023/8/31/23854192/houston-chopd-stewd-festival-african-diaspora-chopnblok

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 5:43 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok has plans for a brick-and-mortar location in Montrose. Has anyone heard anything about a possible brick-and-mortar restaurant? 

ChòpnBlọk is a West African eatery at downtown Houston's POST Market, the food hall and market in POST Houston ( 401 Franklinn St). 

On 9/3/2023 at 1:08 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

As @BEES?! pointed out in another topic, Eater Houston mentions ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok's plans for a brick-and-mortar restaurant. Although the article doesn't refer to a location, the eatery is opening in the Montrose area. 

An entity for ChopnBlok Montrose was filed with the state a few months ago.

Below is an excerpt from the Eater Houston article:

A second location — a full restaurant intended to be the flagship outpost — is slated to open in Houston in the first half of 2024

https://houston.eater.com/2023/8/31/23854192/houston-chopd-stewd-festival-african-diaspora-chopnblok

ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok's forthcoming brick-and-mortar restaurant is opening in the retail center at 503-507 Westheimer Rd. The West African eatery will be located in the unit at 507 Westheimer.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/52373-cb-restaurant-507-westheimer-rd